Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
While I really have enjoyed the Mach E (GTPE) overall, there are a few issues that plague the car. Many of those bugs have been resolved with new firmware updates, but for the past 11 months of ownership I have had an occasional situation where the car fails to charge at the delay start time on the timer.

It seems very random when it fails to work. I thought it might have been if I change the target charge amount. Last night I plugged in the car when I got home from the office. It is the 3rd time in 6 weeks that it did not start to charge unless I walk outside, unplug the car for 30-60 seconds close the charge port door, re-open it and then plug it back in again. I needed to charge up to 80% from 62% last night and it was only because I noticed it was not charging. If I did not notice it, I would have still been at 62% this morning.

The app showed that I plugged the car in 8 hours earlier and it should have finished at 11:36pm, but the car did not start to charge until I intervened.

When I first got the car, I had this happen many times and the car was reportedly "asleep" even though I had just driven the car a few hours earlier. The car can go to sleep after it sits for more than 14 days. That problem of the car sleeping stopped, but this is super annoying and I have to check every single day to make sure the car started to charge.

The 12V SOC is also typically over 90% when I get home and even if I don't drive the car for a few days, it is not low. I had the dealer check it out at the 10K service and the battery is fine.

I have erased my charge location and started over again. Same occasional failure to start charging.

I use the same EVSE on two other plug in vehicles. It is only the Mach E that fails to start to charge.

Anyone else had this issue and/or resolved this issue?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Your step of closing the charge door is doing absolutely nothing, so you can eliminate that step.

When you look at the location, does it show you parked where your are parked? In other words, it should show you at 52 Elm St, and you can click on the map and zoom in and see if it thinks you are there, or not.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Lots of threads on this topic.

OP
OP
Larry Paul

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Your step of closing the charge door is doing absolutely nothing, so you can eliminate that step.

When you look at the location, does it show you parked where your are parked? In other words, it should show you at 52 Elm St, and you can click on the map and zoom in and see if it thinks you are there, or not.
Thank you. When I have unplugged it and plugged it back in in the past nothing happens. The last couple of times I have tried to I close the door and open it again it turns the charge port light back on and then it charges immediately.

As far as the location, I had that issue happen a couple times where the car thought it was about a mile from my house. (the car once charged to full when this happened and I noticed it the other times when the car starts to charge immediately.

This is not the issue last night or for at least for the last 6 months. The car saw it was at home- it just does not start to charge per the timer.

OP
OP
Larry Paul

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Lots of threads on this topic.
Thank you. I did a search for it before starting a thread. I guess I used the wrong search term. If you have any good links-please share.

I have seen some of these threads now...but unless I have missed it, I have not seen any resolution to this issue. Seems like Ford has more work to do.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Thank you. I did a search for it before starting a thread. I guess I used the wrong search term. If you have any good links-please share.

I have seen some of these threads now...but unless I have missed it, I have not seen any resolution to this issue. Seems like Ford has more work to do.
Some people have solved the issue with deleting the location, etc. I think others have rebooted the system by pulling fuses or disconnecting the LVB. Others have been unable to solve it. I have not had this problem so I have not watched closely to see how many have solved the issue.
Sponsored