Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I deleted and re-added phone and it’s not better.

I’m thinking it’s an iOS 16.3 issue…

I can reproduce it without CarPlay before I added my phone back.
This is more common than you think due to security setting allowing access to the things in the phone. It keeps working because it used to be allowed and something is cached. Nuke and redo has always fixed phone issues for me. I don’t use PAAK for that reason.
Sponsored

johnarpy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e, 2022 Porsche Taycan,
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I have SYNC 4 Version 2280_PRODUCT Revision: 592. I have hit update and am finding no new updates. I like my car, but the issue with Apple Maps not working is crazy - this to be the biggest used App for those with iPhones. Would be nice for Ford to acknowledge they are aware of this and are working on it. Does Ford realize that they are also a software company?
Not sure about Sync version but if you hit software update it should show whether you have one pending and what your last one was. My Sync 4 version is different from yours but I know it all got fixed once I got update 4.1.2. Good luck.

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
the thing that doesn’t make sense here is that carplay is basically just a 2nd screen for the iphone. indeed if you take a screenshot while connected to carplay, you’ll get 2 images.

unless wifi and bluetooth are somehow interfering with the gps i don’t see how these issues could have much to do with the car. maybe the wireless charger is the culprit as it really doesn’t work right at all.

for everyone having problems, what happens if you disconnect carplay and just use apple maps on the phone? to test the wifi theory you could then connect the car to the phone’s hotspot if your plan supports it.

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
the thing that doesn’t make sense here is that carplay is basically just a 2nd screen for the iphone. indeed if you take a screenshot while connected to carplay, you’ll get 2 images.

unless wifi and bluetooth are somehow interfering with the gps i don’t see how these issues could have much to do with the car. maybe the wireless charger is the culprit as it really doesn’t work right at all.

for everyone having problems, what happens if you disconnect carplay and just use apple maps on the phone? to test the wifi theory you could then connect the car to the phone’s hotspot if your plan supports it.
It has been super hard to figure out a pattern as it USUALLY works fine. It just seems to be a randomly occurring event. Perhaps other 3.x.x or 4.x.x updates fixed it too, but it seems to have stopped when I stopped trying to use the QI charger.

It ONLY failed in my MME. Never was an issue on any other car I have used with CarPlay (probably a few dozen different rental cars over the years).
Sponsored