Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I ordered the set (front and rear) yesterday. Want to see how they compare to the Steeda's as far as fitment mainly. I have no issues with the Steeda's and they've been on my car well over a year.

Because one of Eibach's main goals when designing sway bars is to keep them as similar in shape as the OEM bars, they are able to use the OEM end links. The Eibach bars are tubular like the OEM's and are about 4 lbs lighter than the Steeda's which are solid bars. I'll get a weight difference when I replace them.

The Eibach front bar rate (lbs/in) is 498, 530 depending on which adjustable position you use. These rates are much higher than Steeda's which are around 280, 309, 333. The OEM front GT bar is 240, GTPE is 288. I'm not sure what the rate is on the OEM non-GT front bar but it's less than the GT. The Eibach rear bar rate is 215 while the OEM GT bar is 200. Steeda's rear bar rates are 250, 300, 350. I questioned Eibach about the minimal stiffness difference of their rear bar and engineering is getting back to me on Monday. Eibach's bushing brackets have zirk (grease) fittings.

I was told the reason the GT and GTPE models are not listed for these bars is because they didn't have either of those models to test it on, therefore they cannot guarantee fitment. I explained I've installed bars on all models of Mach-E's and they seem to be all the same but until they actually test the GT models they cannot list them. I told them while my car is a GTPE, it does not have a stock suspension (slightly lowered with H&R springs) so I wouldn't be a good source in case there were any issues with their bars.

I've purchased many suspension items from Eibach (as well as Steeda) for past vehicles. Eibach's factory is here in Corona CA about 5 hours from me. Like most other Eibach suspension parts, these Mach-E sway bars were designed, manufactured, painted and tested at this facility. Everything is done in house. Their customer service has always been great, although I have never had issues with any of their parts. I always order direct from them and the parts arrive in two days (regular ground shipping). While the bars will be in Tuesday, I will be out of town until Thursday evening so Friday morning I'll install the bars.

Their instructions for these bars are not available online yet but they will be shortly. Not that I or anyone else that have installed bars on the Mach-E need instructions, I asked if they would email them to me in case others wanted to check them out. In the instructions for the front bar, one of the photos shows a bar with three adjustment holes. This photo was just for the purpose of showing the adjustability of the bar and is not the Mach-E bar which only has two adjustment holes. In all the other photos, the actual Mach-E bar is shown.

Attachments

Last edited:

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I may just have to replace my Steeda front sway bar with this, depending what you find @markboris! Then I can go back to the stock end links that do not require grease. Assuming I can buy them from Ford since I threw my old ones away. That was stupid.

I prefer the higher rate of the Steeda rear, so that will probably stay on.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I may just have to replace my Steeda front sway bar with this, depending what you find @markboris! Then I can go back to the stock end links that do not require grease. Assuming I can buy them from Ford since I threw my old ones away. That was stupid.

I prefer the higher rate of the Steeda rear, so that will probably stay on.
Or you can get the Eibach for the rear also,🤣

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Wow, the front bar being more than double the stiffness of the stock bar almost seems like a mistake? Wouldn’t that cause a lot of understeer? Can stock end links handle those forces?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wow, the front bar being more than double the stiffness of the stock bar almost seems like a mistake? Wouldn’t that cause a lot of understeer? Can stock end links handle those forces?
I asked that very question and they told me yes. They said the stock end links are definitely up to the task and for a road car (not track) they prefer them over the end links with a spherical rod end. While the spherical type are more heavy duty, they also can transfer more noise into the cabin. They want to keep the car as much stock as they can for the road. Eibach has made a bar that is pretty much identical in shape unlike Steeda's front bar that requires new end links which is a different length to properly mount their bar that is not the same shape as OEM. If you want to use spherical rod end links in the OEM size, Eibach makes those too.

Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I was concerned a bit with using the stock end links with stiffer bars. They are kind of puny. I threw out all of my original stuff too. If I had the kibble (and a running car) I would get a set of these too. The good thing is that if you’re going from the Steedas to the Eibachs, you can run the adjustable Steeda end links since the studs are the same diameter on the ends. The bad thing is that since the Steeda end links are beefier, they probably do a better job of transferring load to the bar, making understeer more possible. 🤷‍♂️🐩

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was concerned a bit with using the stock end links with stiffer bars. They are kind of puny. I threw out all of my original stuff too. If I had the kibble (and a running car) I would get a set of these too. The good thing is that if you’re going from the Steedas to the Eibachs, you can run the adjustable Steeda end links since the studs are the same diameter on the ends. The bad thing is that since the Steeda end links are beefier, they probably do a better job of transferring load to the bar, making understeer more possible. 🤷‍♂️🐩
Steve, I actually plan to run the Steeda spherical front end links since they are more heavy duty but will adjust them to the same length as the OEM's. In the rear I have been using the Eibach spherical end links and will readjust those also to the same length as OEM for starters. I say for starters because my car is about 3/4" lower than a stock GT, I had to lengthen both front and rear end links so the Steeda bars would not interfere with the suspension. If I have any issues with the Eibach bars contacting the suspension (front) or body (rear) I will be able to remedy that by lengthening the end links.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Steve, I actually plan to run the Steeda spherical front end links since they are more heavy duty but will adjust them to the same length as the OEM's. In the rear I have been using the Eibach spherical end links and will readjust those also to the same length as OEM for starters. I say for starters because my car is about 3/4" lower than a stock GT, I had to lengthen both front and rear end links so the Steeda bars would not interfere with the suspension. If I have any issues with the Eibach bars contacting the suspension (front) or body (rear) I will be able to remedy that by lengthening the end links.
Yeah, I kind of figured you'd use the adjustable ones you already had and go back to "zero" in order to baseline. 😊🐩

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Jared from Eibach replied back to me today about the two questions I wanted him to verify with the engineering department. 1. If the OEM end links were strong enough for the sway bars they are selling and 2. If the rear bar rate is really 215 (because that is only a little stiffer than the GTPE and much less so than the Steeda's rear bar). I will be receiving these bars tomorrow but am also leaving for out of town for a few days and won't have time to install them until Friday. I will post some photos of how the Steeda bar looks now with their end links and the Eibach with the stock end links. I was originally going to run the Steeda Spherical end links and adjust them to the OEM end link length but decided to run the OEM's for starters to see if I notice any difference in noise and to make sure the Eibach bars and OEM end links don't have any suspension issues like we have seen on a few members cars here.

This is Jared's reply:

Hi Mark,

We re-use the OEM endlinks whenever possible for all the sway bars that we design. They are usually more that enough to handle the needs of an aftermarket bar, and don’t usually run into noise issues like many Spherical endlinks that are a direct metal on metal connection. This also allows for replacement parts to be purchased as needed long into the future. This way even if our parts become discontinued, you aren't locked into an application specific part from us.

We do offer our spherical endlinks for anyone who wants to go that route. But most people will usually keep the factory parts. Especially on new vehicles.
https://eibach.com/products/end-links

I was also able to confirm that the rate listed for the rear bar is correct. Given the nature of the vehicle they wanted to produce something that improved the driver experience, but that was also neutral feeling. One other thing that I don’t know if we spoke about is the bar material. We use the same material for our bars, as we do our springs. This helps the bars respond a little more like a spring, instead of just providing resistance.

Best Regards,

Jared Reyes | Sales
Eibach, Inc. | 264 Mariah Circle | Corona, CA 92879-1751
T +1 951-256-8443

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
One thing I like instantly on looking at the pictures is the forged bar ends as compared to the welded-on ends the Steeda bars have. 😊🐩

I personally don’t care much about road noise level. I’m pretty immune to it given my Trans Am has metal on Delrin on metal suspension bearings and a solidly mounted front subframe. I probably wouldn’t mind the Eibach end links.🤪🐩

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just got home from out of town and found this on the doorstep.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Eibach Sway bars now avalable for the Mach E IMG_7410

I think I’ll pop them in tonight and test them out tomorrow. 😊

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ok, 4 hours later (including dinner and cleaning the garage) I'm done. Test drove down the block and back checking for noises.... none. I will give it a good drive tomorrow to check out any differences in handling.

Some observations:
While the Steeda bar is solid and the Eibach bar is tubular (hollow) there is only a 1.4 lb difference (Eibach is lighter). The Eibach bar bushing ring stops are located towards the inside, not the outside like the Steeda's. Erik, you will be happy to know that once installed, the bar does not move side to side at all. Those ring stops are right up against the bushings. The bushing brackets have zirk grease fittings which is nice. I think Eibach took Steve's suggestion on that. The Eibach bars look almost identical in shape to the OEM bars where as the Steeda's have less angles and curves. I can sit here all day and critique the design differences but I will just post a few photos and you can look for yourself. I used the OEM end links as this is what most people will doing anyway. I didn't use the silicone lube that was supplied. I used green grease which I like better.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Eibach Sway bars now avalable for the Mach E IMG_7411

Ford Mustang Mach-E Eibach Sway bars now avalable for the Mach E IMG_7417

Ford Mustang Mach-E Eibach Sway bars now avalable for the Mach E IMG_7414

Ford Mustang Mach-E Eibach Sway bars now avalable for the Mach E IMG_7418

Ford Mustang Mach-E Eibach Sway bars now avalable for the Mach E IMG_7425

Ford Mustang Mach-E Eibach Sway bars now avalable for the Mach E IMG_7424

Ford Mustang Mach-E Eibach Sway bars now avalable for the Mach E IMG_7421

Ford Mustang Mach-E Eibach Sway bars now avalable for the Mach E IMG_7426

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Because the Eibach bars very closely resemble the shape of the OEM bars, I doubt there will be issues with them contacting any of the suspension in the front, or body in the rear like we have seen on some of our cars. Most have had no issues at all and some have had major issues with this. Then there are the spherical end links that Steeda supplied that we have had noise issues with and while the OEM end links are not as beefy, I think they will be more trouble free.

I didn't take many photos last night when I was doing this as I had just gotten home from out of town and was tired but excited to get this done so I could have today to take the car for a good drive. I won't have much more time to do anything else since I am leaving for Europe in two days for two weeks.

A couple of photos I did not post last night:
This is a comparison of the right front Steeda bar end link area and the same area with the Eibach bars installed. Because the angle at the end of the Eibach bar and the OEM end links being longer, there is much more room between the bar and the half shaft so doubt there will be any contact like there was with some members on their half shafts.

One note, you know you have the Eibach bars installed correctly as long as the Eibach name and model number on the bar are right side up.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Eibach Sway bars now avalable for the Mach E IMG_7413

Ford Mustang Mach-E Eibach Sway bars now avalable for the Mach E IMG_7423