First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Technical Software Analyst
Do must alignment shops have adjustable camber bolts on hand or does the customer need to hunt down the specific ones and provide them? Wasn't sure if they were all sort of universal.
Sponsored

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey guys how much was the camber off on your alignments? Just wondering if the adjustable camber bolts are recommended of if the alignment is only off slightly that won't really cause an issue.
As far as the rear goes, it is adjustable from the factory and so far the 5 cars I have installed the lowering springs, all have been able to be adjusted no problem within factory specs. The fronts are not adjustable at all unless you 1. replace the upper splined bolt with an adjustable bolt leaving the lower splined bolt in place or 2. replace both splined bolts with regular bolts (5/8" bolts, 3" long grade 8).

These are the adjustable camber bolts for the front if you want to go that route instead of regular non-splined bolts. You only need one set.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Eibach GT performance springs on a 4xer IMG_9663

Dysan911

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Thanks Mark!

OP
OP
azerik

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Those are what I'd love to find for the rear. -1.9 to -2.0 is just within spec on the rear so it works without having to cam the rear.

I did want to chime in about my weekend trip to Flag. I had turned the Koni's down to .75 turn again (vs the 1.5 to 2.0 turns we use to choke the back end without these springs) .75 is pretty darn nice for in town but I did find new spots in our lovely roads, they're dips, fast and fairly large dips. .75 wasn't enough to slow the back down with these dips at 75mph. So that back end kinda launched. It settled quick and wasn't scary or anything but it was something I noticed. Normally I'd have 2 of these that I know exactly where they are. This trip I noticed probably 10. Now it could be because my wife and kid were sleeping and I 'just had to take my car' rather than the Lexus. Something to note, the Lexus launches on those 2 that I know really well as well. Our roads up there are far from smooth and level. I added back .25 turn (so I'm at 1.0) I probably won't get this car back up there until June so I won't be able to see the results. Oh and I was 3 adults, a dog and a bunch of tools/food. So probably around 700lbs of things.

Dysan911

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
I think I saw a few folks in this thread mention they were either just interested in these same Eibach GT Springs or purchased them and may be looking for installers for now. Besides Erik and Mark's GTPE, does anyone else have these on a GT non PE? Just wondering if I'll basically be the 2nd with this setup.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I think I saw a few folks in this thread mention they were either just interested in these same Eibach GT Springs or purchased them and may be looking for installers for now. Besides Erik and Mark's GTPE, does anyone else have these on a GT non PE? Just wondering if I'll basically be the 2nd with this setup.
@Rickless has a SR Premium with the springs in it. Pretty sure there are others. 😊🐩

Dysan911

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Maybe I'll be the first with these springs and Stock Shocks.

PalsyWalsy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 400H, Lexus 300H, Buick Enclave, Mach E GT
Occupation
School Administration
Country flag
I have them but likely will not get to putting them on till next week. Doing the springs and sway bars at the same time. Will report when I do.

Dysan911

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
I have them but likely will not get to putting them on till next week. Doing the springs and sway bars at the same time. Will report when I do.
Cool!. Yeah, I ordered the swaybars late and will have the springs on first. I'll get an opportunity to experience the difference going from Stock Sway bars to Eibach when I get the new ones installed.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I got the Eibach lowering springs installed today on my GT (regular edition).
  • It only took a couple hours. Mechanic said it's a straightforward installation.
  • I pumped my underinflated tires back up to the recommended 39psi cold.
  • No alignment yet, mechanic recommended waiting a week or so for the springs to settle.
  • No new sway bars or shocks or any other modifications.
  • I drove a few miles to try out the springs on some bumps and cracks and such. The Mustang still doesn't feel like a Mercedes, but the Eibach springs definitely take the edge off the bone-rattling stock suspension. I think it is a significant improvement, but I will also want to hear what my whiny passengers have to say.
  • The overly stiff suspension was really my only beef with the Mustang. Maybe now I'll keep it for many years to come, rather than letting it go at the end of the four-year "Options" financing.
  • I'll keep an eye out for other ways to cushion the ride a bit further, but I no longer feel that it's a problem that needs fixing. Maybe wider wheels/tires? Sway bars?
  • Thanks as always to Mark, Erik and others for all the helpful info. It is very much appreciated!

Dysan911

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
  • It only took a couple hours. Mechanic said it's a straightforward installation.
  • No alignment yet, mechanic recommended waiting a week or so for the springs to settle.
  • I drove a few miles to try out the springs on some bumps and cracks and such. The Mustang still doesn't feel like a Mercedes, but the Eibach springs definitely take the edge off the bone-rattling stock suspension. I think it is a significant improvement, but I will also want to hear what my whiny passengers have to say.
  • The overly stiff suspension was really my only beef with the Mustang. Maybe now I'll keep it for many years to come, rather than letting it go at the end of the four-year "Options" financing.
  • I'll keep an eye out for other ways to cushion the ride a bit further, but I no longer feel that it's a problem that needs fixing. Maybe wider wheels/tires? Sway bars?
  • Thanks as always to Mark, Erik and others for all the helpful info. It is very much appreciated!
That's great news Phil and very encouraging. My new springs arrived today but came later
in the afternoon so I'll probably wait later in the week to install them. Would you say the springs helped with the front-end bounciness? honestly, I say for the most part my GT rides pretty well as long as the roads are good. It's only on certain rough roads that those stiff springs are just unacceptable and even worse at night because you can see the line from the headlight cutoff bouncing up and down. I'm hoping the Eibachs tame that part. If they're still not Mercedes or Cadillac feel that's ok with me.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Would you say the springs helped with the front-end bounciness?
Dunno. I never had much trouble with that bouncing - just a handful of specific places on freeways. I have not yet driven with the new springs on those freeways, nor at night time.

Dysan911

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Dunno. I never had much trouble with that bouncing - just a handful of specific places on freeways. I have not yet driven with the new springs on those freeways, nor at night time.
lol. What do you mean you haven't done a complete comprehensive driving test/comparison already? ;). Yeah I guess it'll take a little time to hit those once-familiar locations and see if you feel things are better vs same. How's the drop look on it?

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
lol. What do you mean you haven't done a complete comprehensive driving test/comparison already? ;). Yeah I guess it'll take a little time to hit those once-familiar locations and see if you feel things are better vs same. How's the drop look on it?
I know, I am delinquent.

Drop looks good, though admittedly the car looked fine to me before. I'll have to remember to be a little more careful with curbs.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Phil, happy to hear you have the same conclusion that everyone else has had that's done this: "takes the edge off the bone-rattling stock suspension". And yes it is a straightforward installation. Changing out the sway bars will actually give you an even slightly better ride and make the car handle better. Would highly recommend that next.
Sponsored