Ceramic coating the interior

Scipio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT Performance
Country flag
After spending ages ceramic coating the exterior (wash, clay, wash, da polish, wash, alcohol wipe, kisho 701 ceramic, kisho 901 ceramic, kisho wheel ceramic coat for spokes) and loving the results, I waited 10 days no water and washed the car today followed by meguiars hybrid ceramic wax spray as the final sacrificial top layer.

Using the meguiars it made me wonder if I could use it inside the car given the concentration was much lower and seemed easy to apply. I tested a small area in the back seat, loved the results and ended up doing the entire interior (minus any alcantara or leather seats). I usually do 303 for the interior but figured why not try the ceramic spray.

I used a microfiber cloth soaked in water, spayed a bit of the blue ceramic spray on it and wiped the interior, working in small segments, letting it stand for a minute or so and wiping dry with a clean microfiber cloth before it dried.

At first I thought it wasn't doing anything since it doesn't visibly flash but when I left half regular and half with the ceramic the difference was obvious even after drying. It gives it a bit of a deeper almost wet look but nothing shiny at all, I'd say less shiny than 303 and that is already not that shiny.

Anyway, just wanted to throw this out there, even did the back of the front seats and it soaked it all in and looked better than new. There was a bunch of what I thought were scratches on the back of the headrests but it turned out to be glue streaks from the factory that came off with the drying. I did all the black plastics, inside the doors, etc. Only avoided alcantara and the actual seats themselves as I didn't want them to be squeaky as I've had that issue with other cars and 303.

Image right after application with the wet microfiber and ceramic

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ceramic coating the interior B8E8350D-A273-49E1-B69B-2D9C2601BC2E

Image after drying with clean microfiber, you can barely tell the difference in the pic but it is more obvious in real life (top was already applied, only part without is the left vertical side)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ceramic coating the interior 417DF33A-A0F4-42D4-BA49-82CD54AC15B2

I haven't seen anyone else mention using ceramic inside their cars so wanted to share my results. I know there are now dedicated interior ceramic sprays but my guess is they're even more diluted versions of the already dilute exterior sprays.

I was quite happy with the results. Will see how long it lasts. If anyone can think of why I shouldn't continue to do this please let me know.

Only thing I would have done differently is to have worn gloves, my hand was blue by the end and didn't feel great even after washing and adding lotion. I wore gloves when using the real ceramic but didn't for the spray, lesson learned.

Last edited:

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
There's coatings out there market for interior. i normally just use a conditioner every so often and never bothered with coatings.

OP
OP

Scipio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT Performance
Country flag
There's coatings out there market for interior. i normally just use a conditioner every so often and never bothered with coatings.
Yeah same here, I usually do 303 protectant but since I had just applied the megs ceramic spray to the outside I figured why not see how it did inside and figured I'd share

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
Yeah same here, I usually do 303 protectant but since I had just applied the megs ceramic spray to the outside I figured why not see how it did inside and figured I'd share
We appreciate you sharing as in caring in the MME community

I may have to look into it as I hate any scuff marks especially driver door kicker panel or pocket

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I have Owner's Pride interior ceramic coating inside my car. Absolutely love it!