Charger on campus at West Texas A&M University?

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Does anyone know if West Texas A&M has EV chargers on campus? My daughter is attending a band camp and I don’t see any chargers listed at all for Canyon TX. EA DCFC is at Sams in Amarillo or The Station Eskimo Hut has L2 closer to Canyon. Still a drive to charge up after making the trip from Austin. We will use EA DCFC in Lubbock to make it all the way but getting some juice in Canyon would be great if anyone knows the area.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Plugshare knows. No chargers show on campus, check their website.

OP
OP

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Plugshare knows. No chargers show on campus, check their website.
PlugShare shows Zero chargers in Canyon, TX. :( I know EVs aren’t a thing in a lot of Texas but I figured a College campus might have something. I looked on website and they didn’t have anything listed for EV charging. Sometimes hotels show something but they don’t have anything either.
I’ll still be able to make the trip but I will have to drive North to Amarillo before returning home adding 1 hour drive time plus charging time. I figure 2 hrs added before we can return. The closer L2 charger would be about the same time overall so at least the Amarillo choice gives us food and shopping options to kill some time. I’ve double checked ABRP, ChargePoint, EVGO and EA and they all say the same as PlugShare Zero chargers in Canyon, TX. This is why more rural and off interstate highways need EV charge points added ASAP! 480 mile trip at 7 hours without charge stops we should have more stops along the way. It’s going to be a fun drive in an EV. :cool:

OP
OP

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
PlugShare shows Zero chargers in Canyon, TX. :( I know EVs aren’t a thing in a lot of Texas but I figured a College campus might have something. I looked on website and they didn’t have anything listed for EV charging. Sometimes hotels show something but they don’t have anything either.
I’ll still be able to make the trip but I will have to drive North to Amarillo before returning home adding 1 hour drive time plus charging time. I figure 2 hrs added before we can return. The closer L2 charger would be about the same time overall so at least the Amarillo choice gives us food and shopping options to kill some time. I’ve double checked ABRP, ChargePoint, EVGO and EA and they all say the same as PlugShare Zero chargers in Canyon, TX. This is why more rural and off interstate highways need EV charge points added ASAP! 480 mile trip at 7 hours without charge stops we should have more stops along the way. It’s going to be a fun drive in an EV. :cool:
We traveled to WT A&M for the same camp last year from West Austin. It was doable but not fun. ZERO chargers in Canyon, TX at the time we took the Ford EVSE and had an AirBnB and did L1. They do now list a charger at Hampton Inn that wasn't present this past summer but I would check on that to make sure it's real and working. We then drove up to Amarillo EA DCFC to top up, it's about 20 mile drive from campus to the station. That station was the busiest station I've even been at with long waits and every station busy.
If you have to travel through Lubbock you will find ZERO DCFC only L2 chargers and mostly on the West side of town away from where you need to travel.
We did it but it was stressful and took long charge sessions at each stop so we added at least 1 hour both ways beyond what we planned.
Safe travels!
Sponsored