Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
@ClaudeMach-E less than ideal! Hope you get some news soon.
Sponsored

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
This is going to sound stupid but can someone post the link to check your order. I have never checked mine

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This is going to sound stupid but can someone post the link to check your order. I have never checked mine
go to ford.com, login, and then go to your profile. one of the options on the profile is to see your reservations.

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
You can't change your mind about what you want in the UK? I doubt that's the case. How can they expect you to make a firm decision on a car with little to no firm information on mileage, power, options or even a real photograph of the color? Once it is time to really order, do you think they are going let you walk out of the door because you wanna make a change to a reservation which pretty much only gave you the options of trim, color, and drivetrain?

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
You can't change your mind about what you want in the UK? I doubt that's the case. How can they expect you to make a firm decision on a car with little to no firm information on mileage, power, options or even a real photograph of the color? Once it is time to really order, do you think they are going let you walk out of the door because you wanna make a change to a reservation which pretty much only gave you the options of trim, color, and drivetrain?
We CAN change our mind in UK - our pre-order isn’t set in stone at all. I don’t know where anybody got that idea from :rolleyes:

I’ve always been told that you can make a reservation online, but when it came to order conversion you could tweak what who wanted (with the exception of upgrading to a First Edition)

OP
OP
portlandg

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
It's not the case that you CAN'T change your your reservation, but the recommendation is that if you want to make a major change then don't wait until the order bank opens as any major changes MIGHT affect your build slot and delivery date. SR to ER with all the associated comfort and tech would be classed as major. Colour change would be minor. Changes can't be made online but can be made by phone which is what I did. If we want to change our nominated dealer then we have to cancel our preorder and start again and go to the back of the cue. The problem with this forum is that we are ALL from different countries and Ford operates different systems in each. So what you can do in the US you can't do in the UK. For instance, US can preorder the GT. UK can't

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
I should have clarified it... you can’t change your order ONLINE in the UK (nor customise your trim). To change your order online, you would have to cancel it and re-order and therefore lose your place, however I was advised by the ford staff at the Go electric event that this was the only way to do it online. Until all dealers are all in possession of your order (mine are not) then the only way you can change it, is to phone the online sales team... which I find a touch ironic... and as Portland says above, once the order bank is open, you might not be able to make the change you want.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I should have clarified it... you can’t change your order ONLINE in the UK (nor customise your trim). To change your order online, you would have to cancel it and re-order and therefore lose your place, however I was advised by the ford staff at the Go electric event that this was the only way to do it online. Until all dealers are all in possession of your order (mine are not) then the only way you can change it, is to phone the online sales team... which I find a touch ironic... and as Portland says above, once the order bank is open, you might not be able to make the change you want.
Now that makes much more sense:)

What I do find strange though is that even in the UK where the process should be fairly simple and consistent - there are still big variations in the customer experience.

So I placed my preorder online, and was billed by local Ford dealership. They then emailed me to confirm they had the preorder to the point of making the faux pas of asking how I’d like to take delivery and arrange final payment. (Jumping the gun just a little)

It was much later that I got an email from Ford Customer Care saying oops we didn’t confirm your pre order - here’s one now.

Working in IT and customer care I find it strange how these process differences happen in what should be a very straightforward process dictated by Ford UK Head Office.

Anyhow - thanks for the clarification
Sponsored