Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach e Premium AWD, Extended Range
Occupation
CIO
Country flag
My local Ford dealer does offer this service. I just had the high voltage module recall done. I was told it would take one or two days. Then I was told it would take five days to complete the recall because they needed to order the part. They said that they are not allowed to order the recalled part before they take in the car. I asked for a rental car and was told that Ford does not have loaners or pay for rentals for recalls. I don't know if this BS from the dealer, or just poor customer service from Ford.
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
My local Ford dealer does offer this service. I just had the high voltage module recall done. I was told it would take one or two days. Then I was told it would take five days to complete the recall because they needed to order the part. They said that they are not allowed to order the recalled part before they take in the car. I asked for a rental car and was told that Ford does not have loaners or pay for rentals for recalls. I don't know if this BS from the dealer, or just poor customer service from Ford.
If you read the forums, there are dozens of others with the identical experience. It isn’t just your dealer.

Ford seems to be prioritizing the parts orders for cars already at the dealers.

Your dealer can fudge the system by writing up a service ticket in advance and ordering the parts for your car, but it doesn’t seem like many are doing that.

Loaners are entirely up to your dealer. Mine offered one but most don’t.

RussellDiaz

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CIO
Country flag
If you read the forums, there are dozens of others with the identical experience. It isn’t just your dealer.

Ford seems to be prioritizing the parts orders for cars already at the dealers.

Your dealer can fudge the system by writing up a service ticket in advance and ordering the parts for your car, but it doesn’t seem like many are doing that.

Loaners are entirely up to your dealer. Mine offered one but most don’t.

RussellDiaz

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CIO
Country flag
What make me upset is that they tell you one thing and then do something else. If they would have just told me that it will take four days to do this job, I would have been OK because I could plan around it. Telling me it will take one day knowing that this is not possible is a problem.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
What make me upset is that they tell you one thing and then do something else. If they would have just told me that it will take four days to do this job, I would have been OK because I could plan around it. Telling me it will take one day knowing that this is not possible is a problem.
The work takes one day. Waiting for parts takes 4 or more.

You could bring it in to have them diagnose and order parts, take your car home. Then bring it back when the parts show up.

It’s not convenient, but at least you will have a car.

Dustus

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
Honestly I don't think your dealer knew what they were doing. My dealer contacted me and ordered the parts weeks before my scheduled service. They hadn't seen my car since I bought it 2 years ago. Just ordered the part based on my VIN. They picked up my car in my driveway and dropped me off a loaner that Ford paid for. The next day I had the car back. Repair only took about a day in all

RussellDiaz

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CIO
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback on this. Without your feedback, I have no basis to complain.
I can't wait until I get a survey about the service. Now I have real issues to bring up.
Sponsored