Convince Me

theothertom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Bolt
Country flag
EV's loose range as speed increases, or temperature drops, or accessories like heat/AC are employed. Winter driving at freeway speeds really zaps the range. For this reason, buy the most range you can afford.
Sponsored

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
EV's loose range as speed increases, or temperature drops, or accessories like heat/AC are employed. Winter driving at freeway speeds really zaps the range. For this reason, buy the most range you can afford.
Yup, that’s my plan.

OP
OP
Dkaar

Dkaar

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150
Occupation
Program Manager
Country flag
Great replies here everyone. Thank you for your insight.

RobB

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, 66 Skylark
Occupation
Filmmaker, Video Freelancer
Country flag
I have my reservation but constantly battle about which model to order when the time comes. Economics are certainly a factor, both up front and resale. I don’t “need” a GT but if the resale value will cover most of the difference, then I am okay with the larger upfront cost. With your personal views, convince me to buy the model you believe is the best choice.
The old adage, It’s not the initial cost, but the maintenance that gets you, seems appropriate. When I priced out auto insurance for Tesla Model S and 3. First question from my agent: “Is that a performance model?” It’s built into their software and would imagine that GT insurance will be higher.
Sponsored