Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
I for one do not believe China or Korea. They still must have cases there.
Yes they did knock it down but is it really gone from there ? If we see it
still is a problem there it gives us less hope here.
Sponsored

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
I'm not sure how strongly I can argue against another government bailout due to the acute nature of our current situation, but I don't like the idea for sure. Sooner or later our national debt will become overwhelming and nobody (here and other countries) will buy it anymore and try to sell existing bonds they already own. At that point, the Great Depression will look like a fun party. If our debt goes bad, the world economy will most likely collapse.

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
I'm on board with the South Korea plan. I want no part of the China plan. And give me a break with Trump's politicizing. If you want to say that, then every politician is doing it, certainly the political party leadership. Still being a troll Lyt? Please knock it off.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I'm on board with the South Korea plan. I want no part of the China plan. And give me a break with Trump's politicizing. If you want to say that, then every politician is doing it, certainly the political party leadership. Still being a troll Lyt? Please knock it off.
Well, I hope I don't offend anyone, but I come to this forum to hear about the Mache, NOT, the virus......coming here is a brief escape from the strange situation we are all in........I certainly do not come here for information about the virus, NOR do I go to Fox news or MSNBC or listen to politicians.......if I need info, I go to sites run by doctors or scientists........yes I know I could just avoid this thread.......I feel the same when I go to a hockey site (NY Rangers fan) and see the same type thread......again I know we are all free to express ourselves but maybe there is a better place then a car forum........stay safe all

symos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lotus Esprit
Well, I hope I don't offend anyone, but I come to this forum to hear about the Mache, NOT, the virus......coming here is a brief escape from the strange situation we are all in........I certainly do not come here for information about the virus, NOR do I go to Fox news or MSNBC or listen to politicians.......if I need info, I go to sites run by doctors or scientists........yes I know I could just avoid this thread.......I feel the same when I go to a hockey site (NY Rangers fan) and see the same type thread......again I know we are all free to express ourselves but maybe there is a better place then a car forum........stay safe all
Then what are you doing reading a thread called "Corona Virus Posts ONLY"? I think you should follow your own advice and avoid it, not tell other people what they can and cannot discuss. Especially if the subject is THE biggest issue society has faced in what is probably decades.

I would understand this reaction if this discussion was taking place in an unrelated thread, but here? :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Sweetwater

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
If you 2 do not like this thread then by all means QUIT reading and posting here.
If you look at the thread topic;
Corona Virus Posts ONLY
please refrain from posting here. Others like it. So--SEE YA.

pbojanoski

c max

Last edited:

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Then what are you doing reading a thread called "Corona Virus Posts ONLY"? I think you should follow your own advice and avoid it, not tell other people what they can and cannot discuss. Especially if the subject is THE biggest issue society has faced in what is probably decades.

I would understand this reaction if this discussion was taking place in an unrelated thread, but here? :rolleyes:
I'll answer your question(s), I read the discussion to see what it was about, and now I'm back to read your reply, ok?, I NEVER said anything about what other people should do, in fact I said we are all FREE TO EXPRESS OURSELVES, right??......in fact I think I used the word "I" all the time in my posting, talking about what "I" do, not telling anyone what they should do, unlike you.........I guess, in some way MY OPINION did not agree with you so you felt it necessary to attack??.......if you are truely concerned about the right of people to express themselves, you would have read my post and gone on.........well, I don't ever get involved with this type of internet "beer muscle" discusion, I hope it will end here......again stay safe

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
If you 2 do not like this thread then by all means QUIT reading and posting here.
If you look at the thread topic;
Corona Virus Posts ONLY
please refrain from posting here. Others like it. So--SEE YA.

pbojanoski

c max
I don't think I ever said I had a problem with this thread.... ?

OP
OP
Sweetwater

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
Thank You as this is important.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've seen this happen in forums before when it starts getting political/ideological. It starts with one thread where people start getting testy with each other, but it never stays isolated to that. The further it goes on, the more annoyed people get. Then annoyances grow into resentment, which starts affecting how people talk to each other in the other threads. It all gradually degrades from there. Same old pattern.

There's a million places to talk about news and current affairs and politics. No matter how important all that stuff is (and yes, it is important, far more than a car), I hope these forums intended for Mach-e talk don't go down that road. Because it will bleed over into other threads.

Personally, I find it great to have these forums as a diversion to get away from all that crap, as it gets so contentious and draining. But that's just my 2 cents. Ultimately it's up to the Administrator whether they want to allow threads totally unrelated to the Mach-e.

In the mean time, I'll be checking out the forum features to see if there's a way to hide certain threads completely (like this one). I'll see you all in the other threads. Hope everyone has a good day.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
A SARS-COV2 myth is that young people will not become seriously ill with this virus. This is not true and there are many young people who require intensive care. It is true younger people have a lower mortality rate but COVID-19 can result in permanent lung damage.

The entire state of California is under a shelter in place order, the reason for this is if the virus spreads very quickly the hospitals will be unable to meet the demand for intensive care and the untreated will die. The hospitalization rate is 20% of those who are infected with SARS-COV2.

There is hope with the use of repurposed pharmaceutical anti virals, anti inflamitories. Vaccines to prevent infection have already been developed and are in phase 1 trials but probably will take about a year to complete qualification studies.

OP
OP
Sweetwater

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
dbsb3233
In the mean time, I'll be checking out the forum features to see if there's a way to hide certain threads completely (like this one). I'll see you all in the other threads. Hope everyone has a good day.

Why do you want to do this ? If you don't like it don't read it. Write ADMIN. and get it removed
then you can tell all what power you have. Let us talk and get some relief in these sorry times.
Start a new Thread about what you like. Go away no one will miss you.
Sponsored