Hey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
re-tired
Country flag
The window stickers of Mach-E’s reflect no crash test results. There are quite a few vehicles sold in the US (perthaps low volume sales) that do not have crash public crash test results. My Mach-E has been built and is on perhaps its one and only train ride...unless I put it on the auto train in Florida.
Will Ford release the crash test results on this vehicle?
What happens if ** or so in a category?

Not a doomsdayer...just wondering...
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I’d be surprised if it isn’t five stars with few if any four stars in all categories across the board. Modern SUVs still sometimes get dinged a little with rollover risk, but I think the MME, as an electric with a low center of gravity, should do well in this regard.

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
To be certified for sale, every new model sold in the U.S. must be crash-tested internally to ensure minimum federal safety standards are met. But a publicly available rating is NOT required. NHTSA waits until vehicles are on the market for purchase so that they can buy their own and ensure an independent and impartial results, to avoid any potential scenario such as being given a model by the manufacturer which could be especially reinforced. But they do not have an unlimited budget so they must make decisions on which types of vehicles they crash test.

Currently, no Jaguar, Land Rover, or Porsche models are rated by NHTSA or the IIHS. Most of the vehicles without ratings are low-volume models, sports cars, luxury vehicles, or large vans. The expense is too great for NHTSA and the IIHS to test all vehicles, so choices are made based on car sales volume and testing budgets

The IIHS posted on Instagram last month that they have a Mach-E at their facility ready to undergo crash and safety testing, so it should be coming soon. Given the particularly high profile nature of this vehicle and how heavily it has been anticipated, I am imagining Ford has done everything and it's power to ensure it does very well.
Sponsored