Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I’m so glad your dad is ok! (And it sounds like the other driver is as well, which is good.)

The Mach E is an amazingly safe vehicle. Ford did a great job where it matters most.

As for an Ice White MME, he could search for a used one…
Sponsored

Rj786

First Name
Raza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mache Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Glad to hear your dad is ok and thanks for sharing the pics. The well built and safe Mache is another vote of confidence from all of us driving a Ford.

kruyell

First Name
KK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti QX60, Mazda3, Mitsubishi GT
Occupation
S/W engineer
Country flag
Unfortunately looks like my Dad’s Mach-E won’t be getting the new Bluecruise update. Thankfully I work near where he had the accident so I beat the firetruck there. Quite impressed with how it held up in a high speed collision from some kid that ran a red light today. Learned something that I was happy to see and that is there is an airbag under the steering wheel. It’s always interesting seeing what a car looks like with all the airbags deployed.

Thankfully he’s ok and I think I see another Mach-E in his future, but unfortunately they no longer sell the Ice White edition from his 2022 which I thought looked sharp. Wonder what he thinks of the bronze package coming in the 2024.

Car Front.jpg
Car Side.jpg
Car Airbags.jpg
Glad everyone was safe. Good to see the airbags near drivers knees.

TahoeTwoBears

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium
Country flag
As a retired Firefighter I can't speak to this with any numbers, but I can't tell you how many people we've had to cut out of cars that slid forward of the seat and dropped into the well between the seat and the firewall. And yes they were wearing seatbelts. While the evidence perhaps shows that the knee airbags may not be effective, I'll take them every time. In this case I believe more is better.

Bilyjck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Select and many motorcycles
Country flag
Unfortunately looks like my Dad’s Mach-E won’t be getting the new Bluecruise update. Thankfully I work near where he had the accident so I beat the firetruck there. Quite impressed with how it held up in a high speed collision from some kid that ran a red light today. Learned something that I was happy to see and that is there is an airbag under the steering wheel. It’s always interesting seeing what a car looks like with all the airbags deployed.

Thankfully he’s ok and I think I see another Mach-E in his future, but unfortunately they no longer sell the Ice White edition from his 2022 which I thought looked sharp. Wonder what he thinks of the bronze package coming in the 2024.

Car Front.jpg
Car Side.jpg
Car Airbags.jpg
Those anti electric car people must be so surprised it didn't blow up or catch fire.

handymache

First Name
Hatim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium 2023
Country flag
Glad to hear your dad is safe. I feel safer knowing that MME has good safety measures.
Thanks for sharing

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
So glad to hear your dad is ok!

Spock151

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE GB, 2022 Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Product Manager
Country flag

Bonehead

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
The Mach-E was designed with a long hood to maintain the design language long ago established and associated with the Mustang brand.

But this accident shows that, in addition to allowing for an amply sized frunk, the generous crumple zone that a long hood affords adds greatly to the safety of the vehicle.

DanGJR213

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E CA RT1
Country flag
Appreciate you getting that photo. I have a kid on the spectrum who is now getting big enough to move the seat belt. I worry about her in the backseat now. Have been curious what an airbag deployment would look like from the back seat.

Opa

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Happily retired 😊
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Crashed & crushed, but Mach-E safety kept dad safe 😮‍💨 IMG_0504
Ford Mustang Mach-E Crashed & crushed, but Mach-E safety kept dad safe 😮‍💨 IMG_0504
More and more I read these crash, reports and I can see that the Ford engineers did an absolutely superior job in crash protection, and airbag design!

Opa

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Happily retired 😊
Country flag
I got the photo you asked about from my parents and it looks the same as the front

I can’t quite make out with the object in the middle of the rear seat is.

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I thought it was one of the fender flares that was probably lying in the road. Picked it up and put it in the back seat. But that's just a guess.

Reactions: Opa
OP
OP

Peyole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Dark Matter Gray Mach-E
Country flag
I thought it was one of the fender flares that was probably lying in the road. Picked it up and put it in the back seat. But that's just a guess.
That is indeed one of the wheel flairs. It was 75% off so it looks like the tow truck driver popped it off and put it in the back seat. We were talking about cars last night and he thinks he is going to get a two year lease on a hybrid Maverick to wait until the 2026 Mach-E comes out. I assume there will be a minor refresh then but who knows, though the change to the NCAS port will be nice.
Sponsored