BnT_MachE

First Name
BW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Prem AWD ER
Country flag
So, after 3 weeks in the shop for main battery wiring issues, we are back again. Oddly enough, after the repair, the shop didn't test DC fast charging before handing it back over. We charge at home on a level 2, so didn't think about testing on DC fast. Tried it last weekend, 4 different chargers, EVgo, Blink, Shell, EA... nothing faster then 25kw at start and settled in at 15kw. Battery was in various states of condition for each test. Dropped it off at the dealer yesterday and they confirmed slow charge rate.
According to them, all updates are current. I am disappointed that they had the car for 3 weeks less then a month ago for repair, put the battery back in after the repair and didn't test all charging.
Anyone else had the slow charge issue? Had the car for a year and going to be 1 month in the shop. Starting to doubt.
Sponsored

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
So, after 3 weeks in the shop for main battery wiring issues, we are back again. Oddly enough, after the repair, the shop didn't test DC fast charging before handing it back over. We charge at home on a level 2, so didn't think about testing on DC fast. Tried it last weekend, 4 different chargers, EVgo, Blink, Shell, EA... nothing faster then 25kw at start and settled in at 15kw. Battery was in various states of condition for each test. Dropped it off at the dealer yesterday and they confirmed slow charge rate.
According to them, all updates are current. I am disappointed that they had the car for 3 weeks less then a month ago for repair, put the battery back in after the repair and didn't test all charging.
Anyone else had the slow charge issue? Had the car for a year and going to be 1 month in the shop. Starting to doubt.
sounds like the charger comm connector or wire may be faulty, or not sending/recieving handshake to set max current for DCFC, and drops to minimum DCFC for safety.

PedroDaGr8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium (First Edition)
Country flag
I just got my car back yesterday from being repaired for a VERY similar issue!

Mine would normally cap out at around 45kW/h and drop from there (often down to the 20ish kW/h range) but otherwise sounds similar. Additionally, and far more annoyingly, mine often failed to DCFC at all (or stop after a minute or two) on many chargers in my area which other cars would charge on just fine. There were only a handful of DCFC in my area that I could rely on and could seldom interstate travel.

In the end, someone from Ford Engineering looked into my data and diagnosing that my charge port was bad and was causing the charge system to go into protect in such a way that it wasn't throwing faults. They had my dealer replace my charge port and send the old one back for analysis.

I tested DCFC today and it pretty much followed the same charge curve as everyone else.
Sponsored