jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
I hope they announce all of the available options and the costs before the orders go up. I want to be able to change my mind and go with a fully loaded premium, and not have to wait until after the GT production run.
They might have them announced first, but even if not I assume they will go up at the same time and you will have some amount of time (like a month) to complete your order so you have some time to think about the options and costs.
Sponsored

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
I hope they announce all of the available options and the costs before the orders go up. I want to be able to change my mind and go with a fully loaded premium, and not have to wait until after the GT production run.

I was fully onboard with the price when I reserved. But I also didn't really expect the GT to not come with all the features of the Premium. The select you can choose what options you get, if you move up a level, you get ALL the options. Why would they take them back away if you go up to a higher level? The performance package on the GT doesn't really appeal to me all that much. If I could spend $5k and get the performance package and all the options of the Premium then I'd do it. But I have a feeling I'll have to choose either performance, or the tech stuff.
This is consistent with how Ford prices the ICE Mustang. In the ICE, the GT isn’t an upgrade package over the Premium. This, I assume, is because there are people who want the performance of a GT but may not want to pay the more significant price hike of a GT with all the Premium bells and whistles. Now folks have the option, as you point out, of deciding to pay for performance or tech stuff... or even more to get everything.
I’m surprised at how many people are outraged that the performance variant doesn’t come with all the features of a loaded “lower” model. That’s like complaining that a Porsche Panamera S or Turbo doesn’t include all the features of the base Panamera model with all premium packages. An upgrade to a performance model generally doesn’t mean an upgrade from a lower performance model with all it’s premium features included.