Departure Settings - you gotta have a plug

juggler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select
Country flag
I'd like to use departure times, but I'm also charging only on off peak times, per a discount program through my electric company. Right now off peak ends at 7 am and I don't leave for work until 7:20 am. As part of the program with the electric company I lose my discount for charging outside of the designated off-peak times. So right now I'm not being able to precondition the car without risking unintended charging.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get around this? I know that you can set charging to stop at a certain time, but not sure if that would still allow for preconditioning.
Did you ever figure out a solution to this? I’m in the same boat.
Sponsored

taikajim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EXAWD + KW V3 coilovers
Country flag
My car stopped accepting any and all departure times a couple of weeks ago. Meaning it will show that they are planned, but it won't do anything except give me an error that "target charge level cannot be achieved".

And yes, deleted all, disabled and re-enabled every setting, resetted the thing, all that jazz.

Schedule shows in-car and 2 different users on mobile correctly, the car just won't do anything about it. And it doesn't matter if the car is plugged it, not plugged, or plugged into AC, DC or Iron Maiden.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Ummm, am I missing something, mine conditions unplugged??? I hate the departure time thing because Ford is incapable of fixing something basic as a time zone. So maybe the time zone is also effecting you and your car is doing the conditioning but its hours early/late.

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Mine will do pre-conditioning unplugged as well, maybe it was part of a recent update? I'm on 1.7.1

taikajim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EXAWD + KW V3 coilovers
Country flag
Ummm, am I missing something, mine conditions unplugged??? I hate the departure time thing because Ford is incapable of fixing something basic as a time zone. So maybe the time zone is also effecting you and your car is doing the conditioning but its hours early/late.
There's a toggle button to allow precon without plugged in. At least 1.4+1.6 has it.

The thing is, the precon has worked before, even if the car "is" in Detroit timezone according to the app. Car worked fine a while back, in Helsinki time even if it suggested it might be in Detroit .. Even then, the car doesn't precondition, even if it was doing so in Detroit time.

Unless "Detroit time" has a meaning that escape me as an European ..

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Did you ever figure out a solution to this? I’m in the same boat.
Nope I just don't get to use that setting until my agreement and discount with the power company expire.

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
I've done the preconditioning departure thing exactly 4 times. Here's what I've done:
I do this as I decide i'm going to work the next day, since i don't have a set M-F schedule.
1. Set departure time for 7am the next day.
2. Car is plugged in to L2 EVSE. ChargePoint 48A, specifically.
3. Charge limit is set for 90%. It's always finished charging by 10pm or so.
4. Next morning I always get the message in the app "target charge level cannot be achieved".
5. Always preconditions per my settings anyway. Car turns on precisely at 6:40am, and is hot by 7am. I can see power usage via ChargePoint and my home monitoring system to tell that it starts at 6:40.

One time I didn't plug the car in, and in the morning the app gave me the message "SRS Triggered due to vehicle unplugged" Which means it turned into a scheduled remote start (SRS) instead of a preconditioning. That's the same as if i hit the remote start button in the app.

Car has all latest software updates (all FDRS installed updates).