Disable horn chirping when you walk away ?

KissOD

First Name
Kiss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E (MME)
Occupation
Program manager
Country flag
Lock the doors after you get out so it's not trying to sense you walk away. Just a suggestion, I haven't tried it on my MME.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
How can you disable the horn chirps when you walk away from the vehicle when it is still on? It’s so annoying.
this is the settings I have on the lock settings

D07AF9D7-3F94-4E67-96B4-089072F69354.jpeg
Turn off the car.

Micl78

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E premium 2022
Occupation
Software engineer
Country flag
I leave my dogs in the car and disable the power down timer to leave air con on whilst I go shopping and the double chirp wakes them up. I'm going to find the horn and add a delay timer relay so the time is longer than each beep so it can't chirp but a press on the horn will still work

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I leave my dogs in the car and disable the power down timer to leave air con on whilst I go shopping and the double chirp wakes them up. I'm going to find the horn and add a delay timer relay so the time is longer than each beep so it can't chirp but a press on the horn will still work
You can just disable it with FORScan.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Turn off the car.
I've had remote starts and 'valet mode' (basically you hit the remote start on the way out of the car and it stays running with the ac on and usually the radio off) for decades. Plural. My $60k+ car with all this connected garbage won't let me just do that. SO I get out, and lock the car like 5 times while it's running (From the button on the door because the fob does nothing) and then walk away. I've gotten to the point where I figure if the door opens, screw it. Someone else can play with Blue Cruise and hopefully my insurance pays out swiftly. I kid you not shutting this car off in 110+ for 10 min to run into a walgreens to pick up something feels almost exactly the same as getting in after it's sat in the parking lot all day. It costs me 'nothing' to leave it running, heck it's even better because of Fords crap way of charging the 12v.
Not saying you're wrong, but it's not my vehicular flow that I've had for a very long time. Inclusing the annoying double honk when checking my mail, every day. So I leave the door hanging open, only twice since I bought it 4 months ago has anyone nearly taken the door off driving by.

I'll be killing this in Forscan probably tomorrow.
Lock the doors after you get out so it's not trying to sense you walk away. Just a suggestion, I haven't tried it on my MME.
It honks as soon as the door closes. The bigger problem is there is no confirmation the doors are actually locked, from the fob or from the door button. Push the door button the door opens, you close it it honks again! lol.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
I'm not a fan of the double honk, too loud. Most of my leave vehicle on are in the mornings when I first fire the car up and don't want the battery to cool down again. I'm half awake, the double honks gets me. And the other people who hear it.

If you forget that you left car on, that's where the Auto power down is for. Don't forget that setting.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Disable horn chirping when you walk away ? IMG_4549

woulda been nice to get out and let her sleep whilst sipping tea in the window without waking her. HONK HONK I havegot to get this done.

Micl78

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E premium 2022
Occupation
Software engineer
Country flag
I'm new nlto new cars, my car's have always been real old. How do I disable chirp? Do how do I get ford scan that works with Mach e? Please? Thanks!!

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
It is, just change the correct digit. It took me 3 times before I realized I changed the wrong digit over and over.
Sponsored