Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 SelectMachE4 SR , Mini SE
Occupation
retired, Construction Mechanic, Refrigeration tech, Ford, GMC, Chevy tech,
Country flag
Today I needed to go into town for a Dr appointment and short trip to market. When we got into the car, the auto climate control was off. Tried to turn it on and nothing. Beeps, can open temp, but cannot make any change. Nor turn it on. No fan control. No Defrost control. But the fan was running on low, just warm from normal. Made first stop, 1 hour later still nothing. Went to the market and parked. still nothing. Left market and went next door to wait for my wife to come out of a Burger joint. While waiting I was going through the manual to see it I could figure out a way to solve it. Or how to reset the SYNC4 display. No change. Finally changed the display from dark to light and it came back. Anybody have any ideas as to what I may have experienced.
Sponsored

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Just one of the car’s ”normal” glitches. Usually turning on and off the car fixes most of those on screen glitches. To reset the screen, hold down the ”>” right arrown and volume down button on the steering wheel til you see the screen go blank. It will then reset.

OP
OP

Fixbear

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 SelectMachE4 SR , Mini SE
Occupation
retired, Construction Mechanic, Refrigeration tech, Ford, GMC, Chevy tech,
Country flag
Just one of the car’s ”normal” glitches. Usually turning on and off the car fixes most of those on screen glitches. To reset the screen, hold down the ”>” right arrown and volume down button on the steering wheel til you see the screen go blank. It will then reset.
Thanks, I knew there was a way to reset it, but could not find it in the manual..
Sponsored