Display screens won't brighten after latest power up update

Mach-DB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I received update 4.1.3 about a month ago and since then both display screens on my Mach-E (22 Premium AWD, extended range) are dimly lit. I have tried rebooting the main display, adjusting the brightness control next to the headlight switch by the driver's knee, and adjusting the display settings on the main menu several times - all to no avail.

Since first owning the car my display settings for both screens were set on auto mode to adjust for day or night as needed. Since the most recent update the screens are now dimly lit at best and almost unreadable if it is sunny out. Under the General> Display settings is a slider control for Brightness. It will only go halfway which seems to be causing the dim screens. I tried the Reset button many times and it still will only go halfway.

Has anyone had this same issue, and if so were you able to figure out a way to reset the Brightness control? Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_8142.jpeg
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Turn your headlights on and then off, and verify nothing is on your dash between the defrost vents blocking the light sensor.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I received update 4.1.3 about a month ago and since then both display screens on my Mach-E (22 Premium AWD, extended range) are dimly lit. I have tried rebooting the main display, adjusting the brightness control next to the headlight switch by the driver's knee, and adjusting the display settings on the main menu several times - all to no avail.

Since first owning the car my display settings for both screens were set on auto mode to adjust for day or night as needed. Since the most recent update the screens are now dimly lit at best and almost unreadable if it is sunny out. Under the General> Display settings is a slider control for Brightness. It will only go halfway which seems to be causing the dim screens. I tried the Reset button many times and it still will only go halfway.

Has anyone had this same issue, and if so were you able to figure out a way to reset the Brightness control? Any help would be appreciated.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Display screens won't brighten after latest power up update IMG_8142
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this display concern. Thanks!

LouzMach-e

First Name
Lou Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Nurse
Country flag
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this display concern. Thanks!
Same thing has happened to my display with the latest update

LouzMach-e

First Name
Lou Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Nurse
Country flag
I'm unclear how to send a private message. Please provide instructions. I have tried a display reset. The upper portion with google maps remains dull and won't brighten beyond a certain degree gray looking

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I certainly don't want to insult anyone's intelligence here, but I'm always a big fan of starting with the easy stuff first. Have you tried adjusting the instrument panel brightness controls next to the headlight knob

LouzMach-e

First Name
Lou Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Nurse
Country flag
100% been through it all every video, instruction available on the display and instrument panel. Owned car since 2021 and know it well. Have an appointment with service this week for another issue and will have them look at this problem

OP
OP

Mach-DB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
100% been through it all every video, instruction available on the display and instrument panel. Owned car since 2021 and know it well. Have an appointment with service this week for another issue and will have them look at this problem

This was my original thread. My car was at the dealer two different times, first visit was a week while they tried to figure it out. Second time was to replace the light switch that did not have an effect. I gave up ont he dealership after they failed to recontact me regularly. Iw ent to a second dealership and they diagnosed it as a defeective light sensor that sits on the dashboard almost up against the windshield (first dealer discounted that possibility). Took five days to get the part in, but maybe a half hour to swap it out. My screens have worked perfectly since. I hope yours is ultimately that easy fix. Good luck.
Sponsored