OP
Jako607

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
I've since noticed the same thing, that the motion setting doesn't stick. Not sure if this is by design or a glitch similar to my radio station settings not sticking. Funny enough I've literally never noticed the screen message when I turn off the car asking if I want to turn of motions, but since it was suggested in this thread I've looked and sure enough it's right there haha, so now when I'm gonna leave the dog in the car I just hit that option on the pop up when I turn the car off before I get out.
Sponsored

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
I think one of the software updates screwed up this setting. My alarm keeps getting triggered by the dog even after I select "Yes" to turn off motion sensors before exiting the vehicle. @Ford Motor Company

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I think one of the software updates screwed up this setting. My alarm keeps getting triggered by the dog even after I select "Yes" to turn off motion sensors before exiting the vehicle. @Ford Motor Company
The motion sensors don't really stay off no matter how you have it set. That bug has existed since the beginning.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Yup the software update broke mine as well, pretty sure my 1.7.1 install is broken. Prior to this second attempt of 1.7.1 the monition would never prompt me after I told it not too.

I got a failed update, rolled back no issue. Then about 3 or 4 weeks later I'm assuming it tried to push 1.7 again as when I checked the software update it said 1.7.1 was installed. Ever since then the stupid thing prompts for the motion detection. It also shuts off the camera delay with REALLY tilts me.

I still don't have 1.7.1 although now when I do a software update check it just says the system is up to date.

ejb2000

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Has anyone had success with this? My large German shepherd in the back of the car *always* sets off the alarm regardless of what button I press (turn off motion sensors) when switching off the car, and I am wondering if it's not indoor motion sensors but exterior sensors that do not get switched off by this button? Maybe?

I haven't tried yet to lock the car and then switch it on to idle via the app - does that work?

Can't believe not a single Ford engineer owns a dog 😭

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I guess that is one of the benefits of my breed. They can out-think the car. Of course, that means they can out-think most humans too. The side benefit is they like a full freezer. 🤪🐩

Dadams

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E GT-SOLD, 22 Sorento PHEV, 23 MachE GT RR
Country flag
You could just leave the dog at home. Then you wouldn't have to worry about it. 😀😀🤣🤣🙃🙃😜😜

Flint302

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD, 2016 Audi A3
Occupation
Retired government
Country flag
I know when I set the temporary "motion setting" off, it invariably will come back on and thus--freak out my dog. Has anybody had any luck with turning it off in the main settings and keeping it off? I'm trying to keep my dog's trauma events to a minimum.

iFeckless

First Name
Greek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Has anyone had success with this? My large German shepherd in the back of the car *always* sets off the alarm regardless of what button I press (turn off motion sensors) when switching off the car, and I am wondering if it's not indoor motion sensors but exterior sensors that do not get switched off by this button? Maybe?

I haven't tried yet to lock the car and then switch it on to idle via the app - does that work?

Can't believe not a single Ford engineer owns a dog 😭
I' ve just been turning off motion sensors with the prompt that pops up when I turn the car off. I don't think this ever works consistently. I frequently come out of a store to the sound of my car alarm. If anyone has a real solution, I'd sure like to know it. I think the best solution may be to just leave the car on.

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
I' ve just been turning off motion sensors with the prompt that pops up when I turn the car off. I don't think this ever works consistently. I frequently come out of a store to the sound of my car alarm. If anyone has a real solution, I'd sure like to know it. I think the best solution may be to just leave the car on.
Yeah it never works to turn it off when you click to turn them off....we just leave the car on. If it's night time, turn the headlights off, walk away with your keys and hit the lock button on the fob manually to be sure it locks.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I had a dog who would set the car alarm. We don't know how she does it.
There are motion sensors inside the car that detect movement. Just like a bugler alarm.
Sponsored