denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 taycan 4s, Mustang mach e
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I agree it isn't the interior motion sensor that's the problem. I like the suggestion that it's the tilt/inclination issue which doesn't have a "turn-off" capability.
How do I turn off the "shutdown timer"? Although the ferry ride was 13 hours last time and I since they don't let you stay in the car, I had to leave my fob with the ferry attendant so he could turn off the alarm every time. And I don't really like the idea of leaving the car "on" for 13 hours but will try it on my shorter 1,.5 hour ferries. I will try turning off the shutdown timer.
How do I do that???

Just to re-state.... I get the same message:
"2021 Mach-e's security system has detected vehicle inclination and triggered the alarm".
Come on FORD, it can't be that hard... My Porsche Taycan EV has it as a simple double click of the lock button.

dj
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
@djr @Dustus @generaltso @RKinWA @Motomax @Beege @ChehRob @Murse-In-Airy

Here's the deal with the motion sensors. The only way to disable the inclination sensor for the ferry ride is to go into the vehicle settings menu and disable motion sensors. Turn off the car, exit and lock the vehicle.

Ford Mustang Mach-E alarm set off on ferry Ferry Motion Sensors disabl

This setting will reset with every key cycle (by design), so you must do it right before you turn off the car and exit the vehicle after parking on the ferry.

The prompt on exit message that comes up only disables the interior ultrasonic motion sensors only. It does not disable the inclination sensor.

Ford Mustang Mach-E alarm set off on ferry Prompt on Exit

I just finished testing this on my car by jacking it up while locked. The alarm will go off when the car tilts enough to lift a wheel off the ground. The exit prompt did not work, only the motion sensor option in the settings menu prevented the alarm from going off. FYI I have the 6.2.0 update which fixes the motion sensor disabling bug. You might not be able to actually disable the motion sensors until you get that update.

So in summary, if you are leaving people or pets in the car you can use the prompt on exit message to disable the interior sensors only, but if you are parking on a ferry you must go into the settings menu and use the "Off" option to disable the inclination sensor for each key cycle.

For insurance reasons, the motion sensors revert to ON at the next key cycle. This is by design, and exactly how it works on other Ford vehicles (permanent disabling not possible). I can verify everything is working as designed now after the 6.2.0 update.

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE AWD Space White Metallic
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
@djr @Dustus @generaltso @RKinWA @Motomax @Beege @ChehRob @Murse-In-Airy

Here's the deal with the motion sensors. The only way to disable the inclination sensor for the ferry ride is to go into the vehicle settings menu and disable motion sensors. Turn off the car, exit and lock the vehicle.

This setting will reset with every key cycle (by design), so you must do it right before you turn off the car and exit the vehicle after parking on the ferry.

The prompt on exit message that comes up only disables the interior ultrasonic motion sensors only. It does not disable the inclination sensor.

I just finished testing this on my car by jacking it up while locked. The alarm will go off when the car tilts enough to lift a wheel off the ground. The exit prompt did not work, only the motion sensor option in the settings menu prevented the alarm from going off. FYI I have the 6.2.0 update which fixes the motion sensor disabling bug. You might not be able to actually disable the motion sensors until you get that update.

So in summary, if you are leaving people or pets in the car you can use the prompt on exit message to disable the interior sensors only, but if you are parking on a ferry you must go into the settings menu and use the "Off" option to disable the inclination sensor for each key cycle.

For insurance reasons, the motion sensors revert to ON at the next key cycle. This is by design, and exactly how it works on other Ford vehicles (permanent disabling not possible). I can verify everything is working as designed now after the 6.2.0 update.
Great to know, thanks!

OP
OP

djr

First Name
denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
RKinwA,
this looks like it might work, but... no ... it does not. It turns back on immediately. I've turned it off as you've shown and Then when back in and looked and it's On again. If I shut off he car and turn it back onand look it is 'On' not Off. so I turn it off again and it goes back to on again ad-infinitum. And I set it up to ask on exit and it does ask and I respond 'yes' and then it asks 'do I want to leave motion sensors off?" and I indicate "yes", I do. and then go upstairs on the ferry and ... sure enough the alarm goes off.

as many have already said ... this Motion sensor On or Off is only for Interior movement detection. and that seems to work. However many others have said that doesn't work either and their dogs left in the car will trigger the alarm.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
RKinwA,
this looks like it might work, but... no ... it does not. It turns back on immediately. I've turned it off as you've shown and Then when back in and looked and it's On again. If I shut off he car and turn it back onand look it is 'On' not Off. so I turn it off again and it goes back to on again ad-infinitum. And I set it up to ask on exit and it does ask and I respond 'yes' and then it asks 'do I want to leave motion sensors off?" and I indicate "yes", I do. and then go upstairs on the ferry and ... sure enough the alarm goes off.

as many have already said ... this Motion sensor On or Off is only for Interior movement detection. and that seems to work. However many others have said that doesn't work either and their dogs left in the car will trigger the alarm.
You can't turn the car back on to check because that resets it. Turn it off and leave, don't check.

OP
OP

djr

First Name
denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
you think I didn't do that???? probably 15 times. we regularly do the ferry and the interior motion sensor does nothing to turn-off the outside tilt and inclination sensors.

OP
OP

djr

First Name
denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
there are 4 other threads related to same probem and on each one they also say turning off the motion sensor doesn't work..

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
there are 4 other threads related to same probem and on each one they also say turning off the motion sensor doesn't work..
You’ll have to wait for the 6.2.0 update then to fix it. I tested it on my car, and the inclination sensor does disable now when motion sensors are turned off in settings.

OP
OP

djr

First Name
denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
thanks. we have 6.1.0 just a couple days ago so perhaps they'll send out 6.2.0 soon
I guess Ford is watching all the forums???

OP
OP

djr

First Name
denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
sorry... it doesn't work... as everyone else agrees

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Two years ago I did get, would the lucky owner of the blue Mach-E. the group travelling with me got a buzz out of that.

smoke20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Occupation
Electrical engineer
Country flag
I just left my dog in the car while I ran in to pick up a sandwich. At power down I was asked if I want to disable the motion sensors.....I touched YES. I got out and walked away. The car auto locked...as soon as I got inside Panera my alarm was going off.
Sponsored