Door code panel material or scratch repair?

RSM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black CA Route 1 Mach-e
Country flag
Does anyone know for certain the material of the panels where the door code is on the driver's side? Mine came with a scratch (but on the passenger side) and I'm trying to figure out whether it's OK to use a compound or if I should treat it like it's glass. Any experiences welcome! As Tupac once said.. "You are appreciated." ;)
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Dealer will fix or replace under warranty.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Can be polished like the clear coat. It’s pretty soft so I would t be too aggressive. But I agree with @RickMachE, have the dealer replace it. Once replaced the OCDPlug door pillar protectors are very nice. I have them on both cars.

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
Had ordered the OCDPlug door pillar protectors but didn’t use them as my PPF person covered that area for me so I don’t need to worry about it.

OP
OP

RSM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black CA Route 1 Mach-e
Country flag
I appreciate the quick replies! I'm usually pretty particular. I pointed it out to the dealer, and have an appointment for them to deal with scratches in the front panel. But I didn't force the issue for the pillar, as I can live with it (therefore it's not on the work order). Thanks again, guys!
Sponsored