Door sills

KidGalahad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Select
Country flag
Hello! Have you thought about doing something with the door sills? There is a product available from Ford that replaces the entire sill and gives a really nice aluminum look. Here it is:

https://accessories.ford.com/produc...r-sill-plates-with-logo-1#2021/Mustang Mach-E

However, it's constantly out of stock. I wonder about something that might be simpler to install, maybe a panel that went over that rectangular area?

Also, I really wish you'd make another attempt at a window lift panel cover that matches the Select interior. I love the carbon fiber, but something that matched would look so nice.

Thanks for all your hard work! I'm a huge fan of your products.
Sponsored

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I bought them and installed them on my Select when they were available. Free Shipping. The box was 48" long and 30" wide! Install was easy. I still have them as I installed the original ones back when I sold my Select. I am saving them for a local (Shipping would be crazy) Select Owner who wants them. They do add a nice look, but get scuffed getting in and out.

I think an Aftermarket "stick on" option would be just as nice and easy to install. Illuminated would be better.

AOSK, I hope you are listening.

Johnny_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White MME Select AWD
Country flag
I bought them and installed them on my Select when they were available. Free Shipping. The box was 48" long and 30" wide! Install was easy. I still have them as I installed the original ones back when I sold my Select. I am saving them for a local (Shipping would be crazy) Select Owner who wants them. They do add a nice look, but get scuffed getting in and out.

I think an Aftermarket "stick on" option would be just as nice and easy to install. Illuminated would be better.

AOSK, I hope you are listening.
Hey, I just bought the sills for my Select and was easily able to get the passenger side installed, but the Front Pull Handle on the Driver side is giving me a bit of trouble. Did you have to remove the Handle to do the install? Thanks for any assistance.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Yes. Instructions are on the forum. Search my posts and Sills.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Enjoy. Keep track of the clips, they like to fall off. Especially around the handle and down Under the carpet. Also the wire holder under the sill near the drivers seat has to be spread apart to remove. But good luck!

Also be aware the new aluminum Mustang emblems tend to scratch. I would suggest some clear PPF on them. It’s on my list to do.

Last edited:

Johnny_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White MME Select AWD
Country flag
Enjoy. Keep track of the clips, they like to fall off. Especially around the handle and down Under the carpet. Also the wire holder under the sill near the drivers set has to be spread apart to remove. But good luck!

Also be aware the new aluminum Mustang emblems tend to scratch. I would suggest some clear PPF on them. It’s on my list to do.
Thanks for the info!!

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Hello! Have you thought about doing something with the door sills? There is a product available from Ford that replaces the entire sill and gives a really nice aluminum look. Here it is:

https://accessories.ford.com/products/mustang-mach-e-2021-passenger-side-door-sill-plates-with-logo-1#2021/Mustang Mach-E

However, it's constantly out of stock. I wonder about something that might be simpler to install, maybe a panel that went over that rectangular area?

Also, I really wish you'd make another attempt at a window lift panel cover that matches the Select interior. I love the carbon fiber, but something that matched would look so nice.

Thanks for all your hard work! I'm a huge fan of your products.
Hi there! for the window lift, do you mean the white carbon like pattern in the select? we tried on that, but it wasnt quite match. but we now got a whole interior carbon fiber pattern kits.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
The GTPE comes stock with the aluminum sills. I guess I assumed all trims had it. TIL

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Hi there! for the window lift, do you mean the white carbon like pattern in the select? we tried on that, but it wasnt quite match. but we now got a whole interior carbon fiber pattern kits.
A nice cover for the Select base sills would be great. The plastic “mustang” looks a little cheap. Something that was scratch resistant and adheres on top of them would be a nice upgrade.

Anders31

First Name
Anders
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RWD 2023, Star White
Country flag
@Nklem

When you compare the door sills, it really looks like the aluminium one is just glued on top of the plastic, so I am sure it is easy to just create an after market part that sticks onto it, with the help a 3m tape and a lip this will lock in place

Ford Mustang Mach-E Door sills Screenshot_20231119_141335

Ford Mustang Mach-E Door sills Screenshot_20231119_141409

Cyan09

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E CR1
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
@Nklem

When you compare the door sills, it really looks like the aluminium one is just glued on top of the plastic, so I am sure it is easy to just create an after market part that sticks onto it, with the help a 3m tape and a lip this will lock in place

If this were just a stick-on part I would buy it, but I'm not replacing the entire plastic panel at the cost Ford wants just for that logo to be shiny. I already replaced the front plastic pillars to be black plastic and it was a huge PITA, and expensive.

Anders31

First Name
Anders
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RWD 2023, Star White
Country flag
I'll try to CNC some in dibond or something like in the next months, we'll see how it comes, but I am sure we can do something way more convenient
Sponsored