MonorailGold

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion Hybrid. 2022 MME CR1 on order
Country flag
I'm taking delivery of my MME in about a month (!) and I'm putting together my "to do" list of things to take care of, before and after delivery (insurance, finance pre-approval). As for the car itself, I plan on getting in short order - a sun shave for the front window, a sun shade for the glass roof, and very likely a portable 12v battery charger. I'll look into storage tray accessories, etc on down the road as I get to know my MME and my needs.

Any other essentials that should be on my radar?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You should spend some time reading the forum, because a shade for the roof is likely a waste of money, and you shouldn't need a battery charger. You should instead focus on ensuring you pay the right price at delivery, and get the best of promotions from time of order or time of delivery.

OP
OP
MonorailGold

MonorailGold

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've been all over the forum since I placed my order last December :). I have X-Plan lined up and low interest (relatively speaking) financing lined up with my credit union. Dealership has been straightforward with me on pricing and will honor price protection, from the time I ordered.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I've been all over the forum since I placed my order last December :). I have X-Plan lined up and low interest (relatively speaking) financing lined up with my credit union. Dealership has been straightforward with me on pricing and will honor price protection, from the time I ordered.
Make sure you're not giving up a nice Ford Options bonus by financing externally. You can always refinance with your credit union a week or two later and keep the bonus.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Some people have a hard time reading ... you are asking for accessories not delivery advice...

As for the sun shade on the roof, I agree that it's probably not necessary. I think the car does a great job and some people actually report that the sun shades make it hotter.

A 12v jump pack is always a good thing to have, not only for you, but for any other stranded souls you may be able to help. Not to mention they also serve as a flashlight and phone charger.
  • First Aid Kit
  • Barf Bags - I keep them in the rear passenger doors
  • 12v Emergency Jump Pack / Flashlight (I use this one)
  • A tool I think everyone should have - Emergency Escape Tool (I use this one)
  • Small Umbrella
  • NEMA 14-50 15' extension cord (I use this one)
  • Dash Cam (I use this one)
  • Radar Detector - Depends on driving style obviously (I use this one)
  • Valve Stems that look better (I use these)
  • Cargo net for the trunk - I use one for a VW and modified
  • Tesla Tap - Depending on your area and where you drive (I use this one)
  • Faraday Bag - If you plan on using PaaK (I use this one)
  • Tow Stickers - (I use these)
  • AOSK Center Console Thingy (This one)
  • Rubber Floor Mats - I use the protection package ones from Ford
  • Smoke Colored Protective Film for Tail lights (I won't link what I used because it's garbage)
  • PureFlow Cabin Air Filter with Active Carbon - (Here's the link)
My custom modification:
  • Radar detector mount for IRR windshields (sold about 40 of them) (link here)
Some less popular nerd toys that I have:
Flashing Tools:
If you plan on doing any type of updating yourself I would recommend looking at some of the posts about how to drill for access to the LVB (or if it's a general concern) use these caps.

Last edited:

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
It’s not an accessory per se, but definitely look into getting an EVSE installed if your living situation allows for it and you don’t have one lined up.

Many people use the included mobile charger permanently at home. I would not, particularly if you have some money to spend to make ownership of this vehicle a better experience.

Lots of threads on it, but you want to check to see if you qualify for a rebate for any specific brand from your local utility. If not, I have been very happy with the ChargePoint Home Flex myself.

Also, if you need a small amount of electrical work done, as many people do to put in a 240v outlet, you probably want your installation to be rated for at least 50 amps so you could charge at 40 amps (not strictly necessary, but EVs are here to stay so you probably want to future proof - mobile charger can’t charge this fast, for example). I’d personally go higher, e.g., 60 amps, but then you have to hardwire the EVSE and it can’t be like a 240v wall outlet.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Along the lines of the first aid kit suggestion from @DevSecOps, I carry some other simple emergency supplies in the frunk: roadside reflective triangles, reflective vests, and a small tool roll that has some basics like a wrench for the 12V battery, crank flashlight, fuse puller, and a puller for plastic panel clips.

In the cargo area, I spread out a canvas tarp to contain small messes back there like dirt/leaves from cargo, and also I can use that as a basic blanket in an emergency.

Small umbrella in the glove box.

I keep a 25 foot extension cord under the cargo load floor (near where the mobile EVSE is bagged)... Just in case.

i got a premium window shade for the front windshield. It's a snug fit and quite bulky, but I feel like it helps with keeping some of the direct sun off of the steering wheel, dash, front seats, and the two screens when parking in unshaded lots in summer time, like at work.

I also had the front row side windows tinted but I think that was a waste.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
top accessories for me:

- torklift 2" receiver hitch, for bike rack, and possible tow extraction from back
- jack lift pads, (modified Tesla pads can be 'permanently' installed)
- tow strap, with hook to fit front tow holes underneath
- (3) 1-7/8" holes in driver's side Frunk cover over +, - 12v connection points, and HV disconnect
- jumper cables so you can give a jump, or run an inverter
- waterproof floormats
- windshield sunshade
- seat covers if you want warmer/cooler non-sticky non-slippery seats
- (if you are a camper) cargo mattress, and hatch tent for instant camping
- (if you ever want 120vAC) 1500watt pure-sine inverter

OP
OP
MonorailGold

MonorailGold

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s not an accessory per se, but definitely look into getting an EVSE installed if your living situation allows for it and you don’t have one lined up.

Many people use the included mobile charger permanently at home. I would not, particularly if you have some money to spend to make ownership of this vehicle a better experience.

Lots of threads on it, but you want to check to see if you qualify for a rebate for any specific brand from your local utility. If not, I have been very happy with the ChargePoint Home Flex myself.

Also, if you need a small amount of electrical work done, as many people do to put in a 240v outlet, you probably want your installation to be rated for at least 50 amps so you could charge at 40 amps (not strictly necessary, but EVs are here to stay so you probably want to future proof - mobile charger can’t charge this fast, for example). I’d personally go higher, e.g., 60 amps, but then you have to hardwire the EVSE and it can’t be like a 240v wall outlet.
I had a 240 line, 50 amp run to my garage. I have a NEMA 14-50 plug on my garage interior, and a hard-wired JuiceBox 40 on the garage exterior. We have a single-car garage, so my MME will be parked/charged outside. I'll switch to inside charging if we get a cold snap that warrants it. Otherwise, the wife gets the garage :).

No Virginia utility rebates right now, but I keep checking.

OP
OP
MonorailGold

MonorailGold

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Along the lines of the first aid kit suggestion from @DevSecOps, I carry some other simple emergency supplies in the frunk: roadside reflective triangles, reflective vests, and a small tool roll that has some basics like a wrench for the 12V battery, crank flashlight, fuse puller, and a puller for plastic panel clips.

In the cargo area, I spread out a canvas tarp to contain small messes back there like dirt/leaves from cargo, and also I can use that as a basic blanket in an emergency.

Small umbrella in the glove box.

I keep a 25 foot extension cord under the cargo load floor (near where the mobile EVSE is bagged)... Just in case.

i got a premium window shade for the front windshield. It's a snug fit and quite bulky, but I feel like it helps with keeping some of the direct sun off of the steering wheel, dash, front seats, and the two screens when parking in unshaded lots in summer time, like at work.

I also had the front row side windows tinted but I think that was a waste.
Great suggestion about the umbrella, tarp and extension cord. Adding them to my list now.

OP
OP
MonorailGold

MonorailGold

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
top accessories for me:

- torklift 2" receiver hitch, for bike rack, and possible tow extraction from back
- jack lift pads, (modified Tesla pads can be 'permanently' installed)
- tow strap, with hook to fit front tow holes underneath
- (3) 1-7/8" holes in driver's side Frunk cover over +, - 12v connection points, and HV disconnect
- jumper cables so you can give a jump, or run an inverter
- waterproof floormats
- windshield sunshade
- seat covers if you want warmer/cooler non-sticky non-slippery seats
- (if you are a camper) cargo mattress, and hatch tent for instant camping
- (if you ever want 120vAC) 1500watt pure-sine inverter
I'm just now reviewing info about towing and lift pads. Thanks for adding that tip. Can you tell me more about a tow strap?

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
I like the rubber floor and cargo mats, tinted windows.

RPNB Gun Safe, Security Safe Lock... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08927TFCZ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This fits perfectly under the center console in that useless area and the cable is a good length to secure it to one of the seats.

Authentic TeslaTap - 50 AMP Tesla... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TP9VSQM?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Good to have handy.

Orion Motor Tech Tire Plug Kit... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082PXWHZP?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Instead of injecting goo into a flat tire.

OP
OP
MonorailGold

MonorailGold

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

RPNB Gun Safe, Security Safe Lock... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08927TFCZ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This fits perfectly under the center console in that useless area and the cable is a good length to secure it to one of the seats.

Authentic TeslaTap - 50 AMP Tesla... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TP9VSQM?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Good to have handy.

Orion Motor Tech Tire Plug Kit... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082PXWHZP?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I like the idea of a security safe. Hadn't considered that, but now I am. Tesla tap as well. Appreciate the links!

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I'm just now reviewing info about towing and lift pads. Thanks for adding that tip. Can you tell me more about a tow strap?
never hurts to have your own tow strap and know where to hook it so you can give, or get, a rescue.... especially if you are a skiier, or get out into the mountains where tow trucks are a long way off.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

Good to have handy.

yeah, I forgot the teslatap.... but is a great adder if you road-trip much
Sponsored