Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I have a GT, received it on 10/12/21 (11 days ago). Build date was 7/20/21.

A few questions (I did look through the threads but dont see this exact stuff):

1). My ford app is telling me "12v Battery Fault -- Service Soon" heading, with a message of "There's an issue with My Mustang Mach-E's 12v battery. Schedule service soon. (received two times about 4 days apart)
** This is the same app that told me the alarm was going off (it wasnt). The same app that said it was accidentally unplugged (it wasnt).

2). PAAK app. When Im sitting on my porch the car will constantly lock the doors, unlock the doors, lock the doors, unlock the doors. If I walk to a neighbors house it will honk for the "walk away" feature, etc. Is there any way to change the range? Any way to turn it off for a time? I tried disconnecting bluetooth and wifi and still no luck. I eventually deleted the app and Im back to my FOB. Which sucks.. cause PAAK is a great feature except this stuff.

3). Sometimes it will accept CarPlay immediately, other times I have to go through steps to make it happen. What am I doing wrong.

4). When you turn off the car you have to answer a couple questions, every time. (Occupants and motion sensor). Is there a way to default these answers?

Hey Ford... I took it to the dealer service area and none of them had a clue about this error message. The dealers need major training from sales to service.

Thanks
Sponsored

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
So I got to this thread because, while my car is sitting at a shop getting PPF and ceramic coating this week, I received the same message just now. Delivered 10/22. Anything I can do to stave off having my car stranded at this place? I've told them to please turn the car on tomorrow to ensure the 12V gets charged up.

OP
OP
Mgmken

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
So I got to this thread because, while my car is sitting at a shop getting PPF and ceramic coating this week, I received the same message just now. Delivered 10/22. Anything I can do to stave off having my car stranded at this place? I've told them to please turn the car on tomorrow to ensure the 12V gets charged up.
Ive not heard anything. I have to take to the dealer to see if those untrained service techs can call someone who knows. I showed them the error and they had no clue.

Is there any way to move this thread to the general topics and not just the GT section?

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Car seems fine and my guy put it on a trickle charger and it showed 93% so we think it might be a bogus warning

OP
OP
Mgmken

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Car seems fine and my guy put it on a trickle charger and it showed 93% so we think it might be a bogus warning
That’s good to know. I’ll report back if I hear anything too. How did the ceramic coat come out.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
1 - While I've not seen this error myself I can give you an observation. I have a dashcam installed and I have a power monitor on the camera that will turn it off at 12.5v or less. There's days when it stays on 24 hours and there's days where it stays on 24 minutes. This makes me believe that the car goes through a cycle when it replenishes the 12v from the big battery. I don't know when, why or how, but that's my observation.

2 - Yes PaaK does this. But it would also happen if you had your FOB in your pocket. You can disable the walk away, but I know of no way to change the range of it.

3 - My experience is that sometimes it's quick and other times it's not. I'm using AA so my experience is probably not of any help.

4 - I think in the settings you can disable the sensors and I think that will prevent it from popping. Not 100% on that.

OP
OP
Mgmken

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
1 - While I've not seen this error myself I can give you an observation. I have a dashcam installed and I have a power monitor on the camera that will turn it off at 12.5v or less. There's days when it stays on 24 hours and there's days where it stays on 24 minutes. This makes me believe that the car goes through a cycle when it replenishes the 12v from the big battery. I don't know when, why or how, but that's my observation.

2 - Yes PaaK does this. But it would also happen if you had your FOB in your pocket. You can disable the walk away, but I know of no way to change the range of it.

3 - My experience is that sometimes it's quick and other times it's not. I'm using AA so my experience is probably not of any help.

4 - I think in the settings you can disable the sensors and I think that will prevent it from popping. Not 100% on that.
Thanks for the great input. I’ll check on some of those disable ideas.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
That’s good to know. I’ll report back if I hear anything too. How did the ceramic coat come out.
Will find out on Thursday! PPF takes a long time on this car, it's got a lot of surfaces + ceramic cure time

Ford Mustang Mach-E Error message / Ford App a5cf4f983722ab83739cc08e8ff5640d8fad89f6-1

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
@Mgmken

Wanted to follow up with you on question 4.

#4 - Go to vehicle settings -> Vehicle -> Alarm System
That's where you can disable and prevent the warning for the alarm sensors

OP
OP
Mgmken

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red