Every EV has issues...

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
The real issue is that people don't understand what they are being presented, but are willing to agree with the conclusion being told to them.

Sure it's possible to compare when autopilot is engaged and not engaged in Tesla vehicles, but in some cases it's probably not engaged when the weather is bad and collisions are more likely. The miles with autopilot are more likely during good weather and travel in certain parts of the country.
Here's tesla's data.
There has to be some trust as Tesla is releasing it. But I don't believe that they are falsifying this data.

https://www.tesla.com/VehicleSafety...ash for every,every 1.58 million miles driven.

Based on this data set, tesla drivers have fewer accidents per mile driven than the US avg. And while Autopilot is activated, there are fewer accidents than when autopilot is not activated.

I'm sure if there were data on blue cruise and GM super cruise, it reach similar conclusion.

At this point in time, I think basic automation like autopilot and blue cruise is safer than the avg US driver. And it's not even close.
Sponsored

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
The problem began with an update to improve battery conditioning on 2022 and 2023 models. The automaker promises to release a fix next week.
Can someone explain to me why the Ioniq first off is getting frequent updates to the car - then if a problem arises - a new update can be pushed the following week to fix it ...

This is how every major tech company does updates now.

Yet Ford is stumbling over their own shoes with the updates? I haven't gotten one since October of last year.

The driving aspect of my car is awesome. The tech is atrocious and reminds me of when i was using Windows Mobile phone. Laggy, buggy, and my damn heating and cooling in my mach-e has a mind of its own.

(which wouldn't be a problem except the car randomly turns the e-heat on when it feels like it which makes me start losing a tong of range. And no, the heating isn't set to Auto)

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Can someone explain to me why the Ioniq first off is getting frequent updates to the car - then if a problem arises - a new update can be pushed the following week to fix it ...

This is how every major tech company does updates now.

Yet Ford is stumbling over their own shoes with the updates? I haven't gotten one since October of last year.

The driving aspect of my car is awesome. The tech is atrocious and reminds me of when i was using Windows Mobile phone. Laggy, buggy, and my damn heating and cooling in my mach-e has a mind of its own.

(which wouldn't be a problem except the car randomly turns the e-heat on when it feels like it which makes me start losing a tong of range. And no, the heating isn't set to Auto)
It’s not an OTA, it’s a dealer update

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
It’s not an OTA, it’s a dealer update
Like the dealer updates we have to pay to get? Or come up with an excuse to try and finesse them to give them to us for free? Or figure out whatever the hell FDRS machines are and how to use them lol.

We're playing semantics though, i get what you're saying. Its more of a "recall" for a major issue than a pushed software update.

I'm being pissy.

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Like the dealer updates we have to pay to get? Or come up with an excuse to try and finesse them to give them to us for free? Or figure out whatever the hell FDRS machines are and how to use them lol.

We're playing semantics though, i get what you're saying. Its more of a "recall" for a major issue than a pushed software update.

I'm being pissy.
It'll be a TSB or CSP like we can get if we don't want to wait for things to roll out OTA, but the I5 doesn't even have the option of OTA for this update. I find it weird how inconsistent OTAs are for everyone and I can understand why you are being pissy, totally get it!

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Here's tesla's data.
There has to be some trust as Tesla is releasing it. But I don't believe that they are falsifying this data.

https://www.tesla.com/VehicleSafetyReport#:~:text=Q3 2021-,In the 3rd quarter, we recorded one crash for every,every 1.58 million miles driven.

Based on this data set, tesla drivers have fewer accidents per mile driven than the US avg. And while Autopilot is activated, there are fewer accidents than when autopilot is not activated.

I'm sure if there were data on blue cruise and GM super cruise, it reach similar conclusion.

At this point in time, I think basic automation like autopilot and blue cruise is safer than the avg US driver. And it's not even close.
I would agree that driver assistance can be better for most people, as long as people don't depend on it so much they forget to pay attention.

The idea I'm saying isn't about data not being real, but how it is interpreted. Raw data is typically scrubbed and anaylized to compare things accurately. An example is medical trial data, they almost always mention that data is segmented or reviewed differently among test subjects based on age, gender, medical history, etc.. because they acknowledge there will be bias on the results due to the different background of participants. Tesla is basically presenting raw data without identifying the bias of the data. In the past they used raw crash test data to claim "safest car," but were told by the NHTSA to not use raw data to make claims. They are basically trying to summarize something but ignoring the details of the data, the inherent bias.

NHTSA to Tesla: Stop claiming your cars are the safest

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1124439_nhtsa-to-tesla-stop-claiming-your-cars-are-the-safest

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I would agree that driver assistance can be better for most people, as long as people don't depend on it so much they forget to pay attention.

The idea I'm saying isn't about data not being real, but how it is interpreted. Raw data is typically scrubbed and anaylized to compare things accurately. An example is medical trial data, they almost always mention that data is segmented or reviewed differently among test subjects based on age, gender, medical history, etc.. because they acknowledge there will be bias on the results due to the different background of participants. Tesla is basically presenting raw data without identifying the bias of the data. In the past they used raw crash test data to claim "safest car," but were told by the NHTSA to not use raw data to make claims. They are basically trying to summarize something but ignoring the details of the data, the inherent bias.

NHTSA to Tesla: Stop claiming your cars are the safest

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1124439_nhtsa-to-tesla-stop-claiming-your-cars-are-the-safest
According to NHTSA score, Tesla got 5 stars across the board. So at the very least its the safest or tied with the safest based on the limits of scoring of the tests. By the way, the NHTSA did not say that tesla was not the safest, just that it does not rank cars.
Sponsored