Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Some of you may have seen my post in June about my damaged Mach-E, which ultimately went back to Ford and was replaced with a new order. That car arrived last week and I finally took delivery yesterday. :)

Given the sheer number of threads & posts calling out dealerships for their shenanigans, I thought it might be a nice change to call out Erinwood Ford in Mississauga, Ontario for the exact opposite.

To keep it short, here are the highlights:
  • After the damaged car arrived in June, they placed a new order for a replacement Premium AWD and worked with Ford Canada to ensure it was prioritised
  • When the car arrived last week I went in to see the dealer to ensure I was still price & rate protected and the manager essentially said "Yeah, of course, why wouldn't you be. It's not your fault..."
  • After setting up the delivery appointment the sales guy called me to go over the new Bill of Sale together, to make sure all the numbers matched the original deal. Any numbers that were off he simply adjusted. I ended up paying $20 less somehow.
  • The final adjustment was a simple discount off the "new" MSRP, no questioned asked. No waiting for a refund after the dealer got their money from Ford. Easy.
  • Zero pork fat add-ons. No surprise ADM, no tinted windows, no rust protection, no paint protection, etc etc etc. Nothing.
  • I purchased a set of winter tire package (turned out to be the 18" Select rims) and Service had them installed in a day, in time for my Saturday pickup. At this time of year that's a minor miracle. And we got snow today
  • When I said I was a bit surprised there was no ADM, he said other than a Shelby GT350 a while ago they don't do ADM on anything
So there you go - there are good, honest dealers out there - they aren't all snakes.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Fabulous Dealership Experience IMG_4577.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Well, I hope they at least offered you the extended service plan, for a low, low, limited-time only, once-in-a lifetime low price!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Glad to hear you got the car and had a good dealer experience -- as it should be. A heck of a journey to get to that point, enjoy the new wheels! :)

JDP That's Me in My MachE

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E Premium Extended Range
Country flag
Some of you may have seen my post in June about my damaged Mach-E, which ultimately went back to Ford and was replaced with a new order. That car arrived last week and I finally took delivery yesterday. :)

Given the sheer number of threads & posts calling out dealerships for their shenanigans, I thought it might be a nice change to call out Erinwood Ford in Mississauga, Ontario for the exact opposite.

• After the damaged car arrived in June, they placed a new order for a replacement Premium AWD and worked with Ford Canada to ensure it was prioritised
  • When the car arrived last week I went in to see the dealer to ensure I was still price & rate protected and the manager essentially said "Yeah, of course, why wouldn't you be. It's not your fault..."
  • After setting up the delivery appointment the sales guy called me to go over the new Bill of Sale together, to make sure all the numbers matched the original deal. Any numbers that were off he simply adjusted. I ended up paying $20 less somehow.
  • The final adjustment was a simple discount off the "new" MSRP, no questioned asked. No waiting for a refund after the dealer got their money from Ford. Easy.
  • Zero pork fat add-ons. No surprise ADM, no tinted windows, no rust protection, no paint protection, etc etc etc. Nothing.
  • I purchased a set of winter tire package (tuned out to be the 18" Select rims) and Service had them installed in a day, in time for my Saturday pickup. At this time of year that's a minor miracle. And we got snow today
  • When I said I was a bit surprised there was no ADM, he said other than a Shelby GT350 a while ago they don't do ADM on anything
So there you go - there are good, honest dealers out there - they aren't all snakes.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Fabulous Dealership Experience IMG_4577.JPG
That is awesome! Thank you for sharing. Good on you @Erinwood Ford!!

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag

• I purchased a set of winter tire package (tuned out to be the 18" Select rims) and Service had them installed in a day, in time for my Saturday pickup. At this time of year that's a minor miracle. And we got snow today

Ford Mustang Mach-E Fabulous Dealership Experience 1668362019819
My experience also went quite well. I purchased mine from Baxter Ford here in Omaha and no ADM's or add on as well. It went exactly how it should be.

While I feel compelled to give them a shout out, the bar is quite low so to speak.

In any event, I am glad to hear that a few here are getting what they should................... Good Service!!

Bubz

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Shelby GT500
Occupation
Program Manager
Country flag
I too had a positive dealer experience - just picked up my new MME CR1 yesterday which I ordered Feb 15 (just under the wire). Salesman assured me I had price guarantee, but after reading many posts on this forum I was prepared for the worst - when I arrived at the dealership he was busy was another MME customer so my wife and I walked around and looked at cars on the lot, many of which has dealer markups from $10K-$30K so I was very nervous how this would go down. When I finally sat down with my salesman and looked at the paperwork, the price was the same as when I ordered it so needless to say I was very pleased. Even after I declined their "amazing" 2.5% financing and the high-priced premium extended warranty the price stayed the same. So Koon's Ford in Sterling Virginia did me right and kept their word. Overall one of the best car experiences I've ever had at a dealership.

BTW, my wife isn't very tech savvy so I was worried how she'd warm up to it but it was very easy for her to drive and she loves it! She still has a little trouble with the one peddle mode but otherwise is very happy and excited to drive it (we've already taken three short trips around town today to break it in).

OP
OP
MellowJohnny

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
I too had a positive dealer experience - just picked up my new MME CR1 yesterday which I ordered Feb 15 (just under the wire). Salesman assured me I had price guarantee, but after reading many posts on this forum I was prepared for the worst - when I arrived at the dealership he was busy was another MME customer so my wife and I walked around and looked at cars on the lot, many of which has dealer markups from $10K-$30K so I was very nervous how this would go down. When I finally sat down with my salesman and looked at the paperwork, the price was the same as when I ordered it so needless to say I was very pleased. Even after I declined their "amazing" 2.5% financing and the high-priced premium extended warranty the price stayed the same. So Koon's Ford in Sterling Virginia did me right and kept their word. Overall one of the best car experiences I've ever had at a dealership.

BTW, my wife isn't very tech savvy so I was worried how she'd warm up to it but it was very easy for her to drive and she loves it! She still has a little trouble with the one peddle mode but otherwise is very happy and excited to drive it (we've already taken three short trips around town today to break it in).
Nice! After a single day of driving it I also feel like you can either geek out on it or just drive it. It works equally well either way.

Bubz

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Shelby GT500
Occupation
Program Manager
Country flag
Nice! After a single day of driving it I also feel like you can either geek out on it or just drive it. It works equally well either way.
Very true - I'm definitely the geek and my wife just wants a nice drive with no hassles. This morning she called me to tell me that even though she turned off the power to the car she was still able to call me through the car and the display was still on - I assured her that was normal and not a problem but it still stressed her since she thought she couldn't shut off the car! Me on the other hand have been driving it in one-pedal mode and loving it. No brakes is so cool!
BTW, when in one-pedal mode, do the brake lights come on when you take your foot off the pedal?
Sponsored