Mysticcue1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E awd
Country flag
So proud Mach E owner since July. The first 4000 miles were absolutely amazing, pure joy to drive. We even took a 900 mile road trip to and from the beach. Back in mid September I come out one morning to see my car didn't charge overnight. Oddly my Ford connect charger was red. Called dealership they had me bring it by and tested it. They confirmed it was defective, no big deal as they ordered me a replacement. I figured I could use public charging for now until it came in. Headed to my local sam's club that had a charging station and kept getting a charging fault. This is when the panic set in that maybe the charger was not the only issue. Called the dealership back and they had me bring it by. The tech looked it over and said there was a charge fault that caused a code they needed to clear and that should fix the problem. No luck.... They sent me home with a loaner ICE vehicle and set to call me. After a few days of not hearing from them I called and was told the 1 certified electric tech was out with covid. Fully understand this was out of anyone control I then waited a couple weeks and they continued to tell me there was no one qualified to look at it. The tech returned and is working with a Ford engineer. The dealership blames it on long response times to hear back from Ford on ideas. They have replaced a couple different things and the issues is not fixed. The latest idea is to replace the SOBDM. I'm going on 60 days without my new car all while paying for gas during a time when gas prices are as high as they have been for years. I am always an early adopter of new tech and the Mach E is an amazing piece of technology, but lack of experience on issues definitely cause problems. Looking in to the lemon laws in SC as I don't know what else to do. @Ford Motor Company
Sponsored

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I just went through 35 days of not having my car. There is no way I would have made it 60. Tweet to every Ford exec, contact them via e-mail. I had to kick and scream a lot but I did get a resolution. Ford should be taking care of this.

TAPe

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT, Mustang GT convertible, BRONCO
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just went through 35 days of not having my car. There is no way I would have made it 60. Tweet to every Ford exec, contact them via e-mail. I had to kick and scream a lot but I did get a resolution. Ford should be taking care of this.
Your posts make me feel like a rookie. Weā€™re going on ā€onlyā€œ two weeks without a car. Our dealershipā€™s tech has been working with Fordā€˜s engineers and still cannot fix the problems. Iā€™ve described our carā€™s issues on the 1.7.1 download stuck thread. Weā€™ve been assigned a case number and a specific individual at Ford to communicate with. Our car, which we've had since February, had been trouble free with approximately 3800 miles when the update issues on it did not function and Ford told us to take it to the dealership.
Sponsored