Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E - Route 1
Occupation
Fire Protection Engineer
Country flag
After 4 months of foot-dragging excuses by my dealer (LAS - Gaudin Ford), I’m finally getting in there on Monday (4/25) to get my 2 glass recalls done. They said they need the vehicle (21 Rte1) for 2-3 weeks since they send it out to a glass shop. I also requested software update (no BC yet), but they won’t even discuss if they can/will do any updates or not. My experience with them on purchase was great, but service dept there has never been pleasant. Do you all think this sounds reasonable or should I push harder on the software update? Thanks!
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Ford says the glass recalls should take 2 days. The fact that they want to keep it for weeks and won’t even talk about the software updates does not sound reasonable to me.

OP
OP
LVMike

LVMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Fire Protection Engineer
Country flag
Thx TSO. They at least offered a loaner car from their in-house Enterprise, which is usually a Chevy or some crap-mobile, so I guess that’s something.

OP
OP
LVMike

LVMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Fire Protection Engineer
Country flag
In just a few days, Gaudin Ford in Las Vegas will have had my MME in their possession for 1 whole month. This was to do the glass recalls, which they decided to send out to a 3rd party. The 3rd party (a local auto glass shop) apparently broke the windshield taking it out, and has been waiting for 3-weeks for the replacement part. I feel like the dealership could care less, as I cannot get ahold of anyone to tell me when this is going to get done. Honestly, I love my car, but Ford’s dealer service system sucks so bad, that I doubt I will ever buy another car from them again.
It’s all just VERY FRUSTRATING!!

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
In just a few days, Gaudin Ford in Las Vegas will have had my MME in their possession for 1 whole month. This was to do the glass recalls, which they decided to send out to a 3rd party. The 3rd party (a local auto glass shop) apparently broke the windshield taking it out, and has been waiting for 3-weeks for the replacement part. I feel like the dealership could care less, as I cannot get ahold of anyone to tell me when this is going to get done. Honestly, I love my car, but Ford’s dealer service system sucks so bad, that I doubt I will ever buy another car from them again.
It’s all just VERY FRUSTRATING!!
That's really on your dealer and not Ford. My dealer ensured that a replacement windshield was in stock BEFORE taking my car.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I have had 3 dealership experiences with this car so far and they have all been good! However, I am still looking for one that I can trust to do the glass recalls!!

OP
OP
LVMike

LVMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Fire Protection Engineer
Country flag
That's really on your dealer and not Ford. My dealer ensured that a replacement windshield was in stock BEFORE taking my car.
Yes, they did the same with me. That’s why I had to wait 4 months to get the recall started…. So they could assure the glass was in stock. They lied!!
Also, you can excuse Ford, but they do promulgate this dealer system, so they are not without fault.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
I had mine done in March and the dealer had a glass shop perform. Took 2 weeks to complete but they did an outstanding job

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Yes, they did the same with me. That’s why I had to wait 4 months to get the recall started…. So they could assure the glass was in stock. They lied!!
So you should cross this dealer off your list of where to perform service. And if at the end of this, they ask you to submit a rating, be honest.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Also, you can excuse Ford, but they do promulgate this dealer system, so they are not without fault.
If all the service departments were owned by a single company, they would all be equally bad. Think Tesla.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I had mine done in March and the dealer had a glass shop perform. Took 2 weeks to complete but they did an outstanding job
To my mind, 2 weeks seems unacceptably long. Mine took 3 days, and I thought that was borderline. A number of people posted that that their recall work took 2 days, which seems more reasonable.

Part of what the service departments have to do is to schedule and coordinate their resources, whether employees or outside contractors. If they can't do that, that can't be considered an outstanding job. Keeping in mind that the service department doesn't get paid more to keep your car parked in the back lot, that's just sheer incompetence.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
To my mind, 2 weeks seems unacceptably long. Mine took 3 days, and I thought that was borderline. A number of people posted that that their recall work took 2 days, which seems more reasonable.

Part of what the service departments have to do is to schedule and coordinate their resources, whether employees or outside contractors. If they can't do that, that can't be considered an outstanding job. Keeping in mind that the service department doesn't get paid more to keep your car parked in the back lot, that's just sheer incompetence.
Yeah, the glass company needed to remove the pano roof due to fact that they didn't like factory install as it was higher on the passenger side. So cure time and putting everything back it took a couple of weeks. The good news is no more wind noise and the windshield to pano seam is tighter now.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Yeah, the glass company needed to remove the pano roof due to fact that they didn't like factory install as it was higher on the passenger side. So cure time and putting everything back it took a couple of weeks. The good news is no more wind noise and the windshield to pano seam is tighter now.
That's a bit different, than just sitting around and sucking mittens. Hopefully, they advised you of the delay and the reason for it. I too would be happy if the guy doing the work saw the problem and took steps to fix it.

OP
OP
LVMike

LVMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Fire Protection Engineer
Country flag
I finally got through to the dealer today and they said my car may be done tomorrow, or Monday, or later next week. How’s that for being definitive!
I just hope I don’t get the car back and the glass job is crappy. If so, I wonder what recourse there is for this. The dealer didn’t do the work, so where’s my leverage? Hoping for the best, but sadly expecting the worst.

OP
OP
LVMike

LVMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Fire Protection Engineer
Country flag
I’m happy to share that I got my car back today. 1 whole month to fix the glass recalls. Glass appears fine and now FINALLY have BlueCruise. That said, the installers broke my overhead glasses holder stop, so it won’t close. Dealer said they would order a replacement but will probably take 6-8 weeks to get it delivered. So, gotta either tape it shut or just leave it open. Seems like it’s always something!
Sponsored