First Edition Billet Aluminum Emblems Installed

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I've never understood why Ford decided not to put some type of distinctive badging for the First Edition visible on the exterior of the vehicle. VW did a small badge on the ID.4, so it didn't have to be something obnoxious. I'll rehash the story I told in the emblem thread where we were all lamenting the quality of the badges. Several months ago when the kids drying the car after a wash took off one of the long tails on the 'X', I removed the stock door emblems. It looked clean, but I still liked the look of the emblems. I got warranty replacements, but the dealer didn't put them on correctly and they looked absolutely awful, so I removed them. I looked around for billet aluminum replacements, but due to Ford copyrights, no one would replicate them. There was no copyright on the First Edition lettering, however, so I thought, why not bring the door sill labeling to the exterior. It took almost five months, but I got the finished product yesterday, and carefully measured where to put them on the doors to keep the symmetry. I know the look isn't for everyone, but I wanted to share with the community anyway. The mods are what make each and every one of these cars unique.
Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Billet Aluminum Emblems Installed IMG_3885
Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Billet Aluminum Emblems Installed IMG_3886

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I've never understood why Ford decided not to put some type of distinctive badging for the First Edition visible on the exterior of the vehicle. VW did a small badge on the ID.4, so it didn't have to be something obnoxious. I'll rehash the story I told in the emblem thread where we were all lamenting the quality of the badges. Several months ago when the kids drying the car after a wash took off one of the long tails on the 'X', I removed the stock door emblems. It looked clean, but I still liked the look of the emblems. I got warranty replacements, but the dealer didn't put them on correctly and they looked absolutely awful, so I removed them. I looked around for billet aluminum replacements, but due to Ford copyrights, no one would replicate them. There was no copyright on the First Edition lettering, however, so I thought, why not bring the door sill labeling to the exterior. It took almost five months, but I got the finished product yesterday, and carefully measured where to put them on the doors to keep the symmetry. I know the look isn't for everyone, but I wanted to share with the community anyway. The mods are what make each and every one of these cars unique.
Looks great!

I agree it would've been nice for them to do some external First Edition badging. Even small like they do for the Ca Rt 1 edition...

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Nice! I especially like the red fill in the lettering to match the calipers.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I like it! I can you please post a wider shot of the side of the vehicle? Can you share where you got it from and the cost?

OP
OP
jparduhn70

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I like it! I can you please post a wider shot of the side of the vehicle? Can you share where you got it from and the cost?
I got them from Billet Badges out in Ramona, CA. Simple Google search will give you their website. If you do talk to them, you'll talk to Michelle. I paid $500 for the set, but that included a design fee since they didn't have it in their CAD library. You'll pay less than that. You'll also get them faster. Here are the wider shots.

IMG_3888.jpeg

IMG_3889.jpeg

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I got them from Billet Badges out in Ramona, CA. Simple Google search will give you their website. If you do talk to them, you'll talk to Michelle. I paid $500 for the set, but that included a design fee since they didn't have it in their CAD library. You'll pay less than that. You'll also get them faster. Here are the wider shots.

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Billet Aluminum Emblems Installed IMG_3889

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Billet Aluminum Emblems Installed IMG_3889
They really do look great and I have the same FE. Thanks for sharing!

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
Very nice!

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I haven't had anything go wrong with my badging, and I like the stock setup, but I wonder if this would look good on the lower right of the hatch or something. ?

OP
OP
jparduhn70

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I haven't had anything go wrong with my badging, and I like the stock setup, but I wonder if this would look good on the lower right of the hatch or something. ?
I thought about this too, but the curvature of the hatch and the rigidity of the billet aluminum emblem wouldn't allow for proper adhesion.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I thought about this too, but the curvature of the hatch and the rigidity of the billet aluminum emblem wouldn't allow for proper adhesion.
makes sense.

I wonder if a 3D-printed version would be able to get the proper shape. (I realize this is far afield from your original idea at this point - just thinking out loud as it were based on your original post.)

OP
OP
jparduhn70

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
makes sense.

I wonder if a 3D-printed version would be able to get the proper shape. (I realize this is far afield from your original idea at this point - just thinking out loud as it were based on your original post.)
That should work, no problem.
Sponsored