jdwagner888

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Country flag
I sold my HD Ram and decided to give the EV world a try.

I knew I had to get one after test driving the Model Y, MME and ID4.

The Model Y had better technology (I especially liked the security camera features) but was ugly and felt like a 30,000$ car inside.

The ID4 is beautiful and luxurious. I really like the massaging seats and electric closing sun-shade.

but nothing on the market came close to the comfort and styling of the MME. I picked up this Premium ER at $600 below msrp.

so far I have no regrets.

I installed the torklift trailer hitch for hauling bicycles and it works great.

we also now have a ID4 but I prefer the MME. Thanks for having me! I look forward to learning more and sharing my experiences with the MME.

Ford Mustang Mach-E First time EV owner here in PA BAFC91FE-A9C0-4067-84C8-66A7DDB67BDF
Sponsored

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black Bottom Barrel Base
Country flag
Whoa you got the best of both worlds there! Congrats. ID4 was definitely the closest competitor to Mach E on my shopping list. My only issue is that the ID4 offered only mediocre lease deals and was slightly more than the Mach E if you wanted leather seats (although the cloth seats Pro was definitely cheaper). My state also sealed the deal with a 45K soft cap on its EV rebate, making the Mach E the better sub-45K value. I also like the Ford Options program of a lower payment for 3 years and then I can decide whether to turn it back in or pay the balloon residual.

I'd be real interested in hearing your back-to-back comparisons of the Mach E vs. ID4. Both are great vehicles in different ways and very important for both automakers.

OP
OP

jdwagner888

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Country flag
Whoa you got the best of both worlds there! Congrats. ID4 was definitely the closest competitor to Mach E on my shopping list. My only issue is that the ID4 offered only mediocre lease deals and was slightly more than the Mach E if you wanted leather seats (although the cloth seats Pro was definitely cheaper). My state also sealed the deal with a 45K soft cap on its EV rebate, making the Mach E the better sub-45K value. I also like the Ford Options program of a lower payment for 3 years and then I can decide whether to turn it back in or pay the balloon residual.

I'd be real interested in hearing your back-to-back comparisons of the Mach E vs. ID4. Both are great vehicles in different ways and very important for both automakers.
They are both awesome cars and ill do a full comparison write up soon. I missed out on my states ev credit with the MME ($57k price) but the ID4 came in at 49k and is just below the PA 50k cap.

greenaero

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MME gray , Mazda Cx5, Honda CBR250R
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Country flag
Welcome Jeff!

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Sitting next to the ID4 I think you made a good choice! I got to see mine up close with an ID4 as well. The guy that bought it said he test drove an MME but did not want to wait 6 months to get one!
Sponsored