Ford Mach E commercial

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
The "$42k" bolt was really <$32 out the door. My lease on the Bolt is $171.59 per month. The wife's gas bill was $180-$200 per month. There are many free chargers near her work where she can plug in for half a workday. Virtually zero maintenance costs on the Bolt. And then add on the Tax Credit.

Bolt Manual See page 303-304

"The difference is greatest in Washington state, where gasoline will cost that average motorist $1,338, compared to $372 to charge up."

Mach-E Mustang vs. ICE Mustang
"$44k" - $7.5k - $14,500 life time savings = $5k Cheaper
Sponsored

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
The biggest saving for me is the fact that I can charge at work for free and by the house for free. I'm driving 85 miles a day 5 days a week for work. I'm spending 3,000 to 3,500 a year in gas for travel back and forth to work. not counting weekend driving gas.

So now I can save 4,000 a year in gas times 5 years. that 60,000 mache now turns into 40,000.
Not counting brakes, oil changes, and other upkeeps. if somehow I got 10 years out of it 60,000 car turns in 20,000 mache.

Add 7,500 tax write off into it also. Now turns into a 12,500 mache.

Last edited:

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wouldn’t be so sure.
From the link someone already shared “U.S. Millennials will soon account for most new vehicle purchases.”

You think high income young people are the exception but here in Seattle it’s the rule. One of the reasons I’m buying a MME is because Teslas are so common they are boring to me here.

As someone who is younger, has worked in advertising for over a decade, and specifically work in product marketing I find this conversation interesting but I think the ad is good. Completely agree the mcconaughey kind of angle would’ve been a total misstep.
Good to see there are some younger here that will stand up for themselves and not be silent about unfounded stereotyping. ? You buying a Mach-e to be one of the kool kids or for other Seattle reasons? Mach-e=/> to tesla; they are the same thing (BEV's).

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Good to see there are some younger here that will stand up for themselves and not be silent about unfounded stereotyping. ? You buying a Mach-e to be one of the kool kids or for other Seattle reasons? Mach-e=/> to tesla; they are the same thing (BEV's).
I’m 32 and have lived in LDN/NYC/SEA. I’ve never felt the need for a car but planning for a family, COVID, and staycations combined to make a car more of a necessity. This will not only be first BEV, or first Ford but first car I’ve ever owned. I think electric is the future and I think AWD is a necessity so that narrowed down the choice to basically iPace (servicing concerns), Tesla (too common/design is boring) eTron ($$$) Or MME. That makes it sound like MME just won because choices were few but I think it’s beautiful!
Will be fun to see all the other auto manufacturers release their upcoming BEVs but I like to be an early adopter haha

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m 32 and have lived in LDN/NYC/SEA. I’ve never felt the need for a car but planning for a family, COVID, and staycations combined to make a car more of a necessity. This will not only be first BEV, or first Ford but first car I’ve ever owned. I think electric is the future and I think AWD is a necessity so that narrowed down the choice to basically iPace (servicing concerns), Tesla (too common/design is boring) eTron ($$$) Or MME. That makes it sound like MME just won because choices were few but I think it’s beautiful!
Will be fun to see all the other auto manufacturers release their upcoming BEVs but I like to be an early adopter haha
Some recognize change. I think bev's maybe required in the future; as well as being it. The MME to me is the nicest looking, better than Nissan's or VW's i think; all do the same function and looks is a personal choice.

Most likely the tech will grow in small stepped like the speed of CPU's so ya 10 years from now they will be better. A battery swap in a decade? It is common for early tech to be robust and the tech has now evolved to the point of useful. Good time to get your feet wet; first car will be electric, not so long ago that would have been futuristic.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I can't imagine this running in the US, seems to miss the market entirely if you ask me...speaking for middle aged men who formerly drove a Mustang Convertible and now drives something more, well, middle aged, but yearning for something practical yet still cool, and let's me get back to my Mustang roots!
Well, I'm 65 not a Huge fan of rap, but I liked the ad over all. A girl can still dream (remember) about being that young and energetic. Besides that, I think Ford needs to appeal to all market levels, including some young soccer moms and dads. I think Young parents would appreciate the MME
Sponsored