Ford Pass App on iOS remove charge max setting?

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T, 2022 MME Prem Ext Rwd
Country flag
Hello, Did the most recent Ford Pass App remove the ability to adjust the max charge setting?

I could swear under Vehicle> Charging > Charge Settings I used to be able to adjust max charge level for different charging locations but now on the latest 4.14.0 on iOS all I see in that section is the departure time stuff.

Am I going crazy?
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
It’s just the stupid way FordPass’ UI names it. Vehicle -> Charge Settings-> Preferred Charge Times-> Location of the Charger. 🤔🤪🐩

OP
OP
will

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It used to be here, but it isn't anymore for some reason for me... Granted, I can still access it in vehicle but sometimes I just want to do stuff remote
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Pass App on iOS remove charge max setting? IMG_3147DB8A56B7-1

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
In charge settings I have Preferred Charge Times and Departure Times. You may need to delete the app and reinstall.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
In charge settings I have Preferred Charge Times and Departure Times. You may need to delete the app and reinstall.
Yep, either that, or the update screwed up your cache and you might need to re-save your home as a previous charge location, then set the max SoC. 🤷‍♂️🤔🐩

OP
OP
will

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just attempted the delete of the app and reinstall. That did not fix the issue.

When I first noticed that this happened, I saw in the car that it started calling my house "Default" but when I go in to edit that location it says "Home" within that screen.

I think I'm going to have to delete all previous charge locations and re add them in vehicle.... maybe that will let the Ford Pass app have the data back. I also get to re-add my phone as a key...

If that works great if not, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
OP
OP
will

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So. After much trouble I’ve gotten phone as a key working again for our devices…. Which wasn’t even the reason for this thread. But now that is working again so yay.

I next deleted all my previously configured charging locations, which was just 3.

I then successfully re added my house as a location with a max charge of 80%.

after all that I am in the exact same situation where I can no longer configure my charging locations via the Ford pass app.

cautionary tale for anyone else that comes across this thread. If you also have this problem do not delete the app from your phone.

The only thing I didn’t try that I would have been willing to when in the depths of poorly designed edge case tech hell, is to completely forget my vehicle from my FordPass account.

now I am willing to live with my inability to adjust max charge percentage from just my phone.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Very similar, reinstalled iOS Fordpass as part of getting Paak back. I've always had that issue where you charge once to log the location, and the home address is close but wrong. This time it was a different town. Anyway (after an unwanted charge to 100%), I think I got it set up in Fordpass under vehicle - charge settings (I usually set it up in Sync). It took a LOT of permutations to figure out what it wanted, and to get to a live "save" button. Sometimes it insisted on my power company time of use recommendation (I don't use or need that, yes I know some people have strong feelings on when to charge for mother Earth, a different question (I do use solar panels and grow lots of trees, but I generally charge when I get home, sorry!)). Finally! I think I got it to save my actual home address and 80%, when plugged in. I'll see if it actually works ... I think (?) all these options to choose the local power company are new?

OP
OP
will

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just an update to this thread, in case anyone ever has the issue of Departure Times and or Preferred Charge Times being Grayed out or missing...

I went all the way through removing the car from being connected to my wife and I's FordPass accounts.

Once I did that, I added it back to my Wife and I'd account's, and setting up PAAK and wireless car play etc. again.

This fixed my issue and I can now set Preferred Charge Times and Departure Times from my phone which is way better than having to jump in the car to do it.

Almondtree

First Name
Phyllis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
It’s just the stupid way FordPass’ UI names it. Vehicle -> Charge Settings-> Preferred Charge Times-> Location of the Charger. 🤔🤪🐩
That is really stupid. I searched all morning on my iphone and couldn't find it until I read this thread.
Sponsored