Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Apparently I'm not alone...

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/fordpass-app-and-apple-watch.2282560/

But at least it's a generic Ford Pass bug and nothing specific to the Mach-E. Hopefully it gets Ford's attention and they get a software update -- or instructions on how to fix it -- soon.
I didn't have high hopes that it'd be functioning correctly. The BMW Connected app on my watch only half works, have never been able to actually send commands to the car through it, though it does seem to have correct info shown (battery status, etc).

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Does Ford document what functions are supposed to be available from the Apple Watch app? A subset of what’s available in the phone app?

OP
OP
TheVirtualTim

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Does Ford document what functions are supposed to be available from the Apple Watch app? A subset of what’s available in the phone app?
A few weeks ago (before I had the car) I checked the app and it had the basic lock/unlock/start buttons. The Ford Pass app does a few more things (like windows, horn, trunk) and I'm not sure if the watch app does that. I didn't try to scroll the crown ... so perhaps there were more buttons.

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
No more buttons below. Just lock, unlock and start.
Though up until this latest update it didn't work without the phone near by. Today I disabled my iPhone bluetooth and my apple watch was able to connect to the car. I do have a cellular watch.

I will do some more testing. I am curious if I can WAAK without my phone or fob.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
No more buttons below. Just lock, unlock and start.
Though up until this latest update it didn't work without the phone near by. Today I disabled my iPhone bluetooth and my apple watch was able to connect to the car. I do have a cellular watch.

I will do some more testing. I am curious if I can WAAK without my phone or fob.
I was never able to use the Watch app without the phone nearly and the ford app recently opened.

FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Type '70 Vet, Outback Onyx, '04 Wrangler
Country flag
It works for me Start/Lock/Unlock but only if I'm within range of my iPhone. I could not start the car with the watch on the cellular connection (away from the iPhone). << This would be ideal. Oddly.... Now I just lost all access to Ford Pass and my PAAK set up... out of nowhere. So frustrating.
Sponsored