DawnR

First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I have a 2023 Premium with 7000 miles and no issues until now. My car's modem is not connecting to the world, so the app on the phone won't work, Alexa in the car won't work, etc. Everything else inside the car seems to work fine, but when I go to connect it, the drop down menu doesn't exist. I have tried the factory reset and the other reset. Someone suggested "pulling fuse 11" under the passenger dash panel and then waiting, but that didn't work either. Has anyone had this issue and were you able to fix it without taking it to a dealer?
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Don't assume the modem in your car is the cause of any FordPass connectivty issues. Very often there is a new app release, or something on the server-side with Ford that causes FordPass to have issues.

I don't know how to troubleshoot your connectivity issue more than what you've already done. Maybe someone has ideas.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
When I took delivery of my '23 GT PE I couldn't get BlueCruise to work. I discovered the problem was outdated map data -- the car received no updates. I was working with Ford on this and we were trying to get it to pull updates.

What ultimately fixed it ... I opened the frunk, pulled up the trim panels to expose the left side (the side near the charge-port). There is a fuse panel (hard to access it) but some levers that disengage the fuses.

Watch this video:

Once we did that, let the car sit for about 10 minutes (note this video was about the audio amplifier ... but ultimately doing this process kills the power to EVERYTHING on the car. It forces all modules to reboot from scratch.)

We powered the car back up ... and it does take several minutes for all the modules to come back online, but it reset the system and the car began pulling updates as soon as we started it.

It was probably ... maybe 15 minutes later before the car pulled enough updates that we could start using BlueCruise again. What Ford showed on their end was that my modem was "enabled" but ... wasn't actually pulling any data down. This restart fixed the modem and data started coming in. BC wasn't technically broken ... it's just that its map data was considered too old for the system to allow using it. As soon as it got non-expired map data the system was happy again.

BTW ... doing this caused us to get a "camera fault" on the front camera the _first_ time we started it ... but subsequent starts and everything was fine (likely due to not all modules being fully booted when we started it.)

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Very often, there will be periods of time, from a couple hours to a couple days where FordPass won’t connect to the car. It’s usually server side. Not car side. How to fix? Don’t trust the app and use the car. I mean don’t ever trust the app. When the car reconnects again, consider it a bonus. As in “oh honey, look, FordPass is working today. Isn’t that neato.”
Sponsored