Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
took a trip from Boca Raton, Fl to Tampa and then Tampa to Venice Fl to Boca Raton this weekend.

I could have made it the entire way from Boca to Tampa without charging but decided to play it safe and charged on Fl turnpike which was uneventful.

Charging at an EA station north of Tampa was also uneventful and also free which was a surprise.

the same thing occurred at the EA station at Port Charlotte. It was complimentary, again I don’t know why. One plug didn’t work so I had to move around.

I then charged at the EA station in Coquina Plaza in Southwest Ranches Fl. about 50 miles from home. That took several restarts to get a charge and then I had to use a CC as the plug and charge didn’t work and I could not use my free Ford KW. One station out of 4 didn’t work. The only reason I had to use this station was because I was going about 73 and usage was 2.6 kw. I slowed down to 65 and it went back up to 3.0. I had enough to get home but wanted to play it safe.

overall trip was a good one but learned to better estimate usage when traveling above 70mph
Sponsored

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Was in Buffalo on the week-end and the EA chargers in Niagara Falls were also complimentary. EA seems to run complimentary charging on some holiday week-ends, so I figured it would have been in all states. But I am far from experienced when it comes to charging at EA...

OP
OP

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In the past they announced free charging, at least I think they did. Two EA charging events were free and one wasn’t. Although I called to complain that plug and charge was not available on one event and was told I would get a credit

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Charging at an EA station north of Tampa was also uneventful and also free which was a surprise.
That location is now being upgraded. It's actually pretty critical if you are driving to the Tampa area.

I drove 240+ miles this past weekend from north Orlando to St. Pete for a BMW UDE event and wanted stop there so I could also make a side trip before heading back to Orlando... well there are no CCS chargers outside of car dealerships and random working CCS chargers are 20+ mile detours to Palm Harbor. I had to be back for a company work party that evening and in retrospect should have taken my new gas SUV.

OP
OP

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You are right

My family is in Lutz and there is nothing else around

They started upgrade two days after I was there TG weekend. If it were closed like Naples I would be an unhappy camper
Sponsored