Friday doesn't count!

Tron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach-E premium AWD STD - Infinite Blue
Country flag
I prefer to control my charging from the car. That way, if it wants to draw juice for keeping Batts warm or cool, all good!

Well, vehicle insisted on starting my charge at 6pm on today (Friday) which is not at my good electric rate. After playing around with all the charge settings,, the only way I could get the vehicle to respect the 11pm start time on a Friday, was to set the weekend schedule to the same 11 pm to 9 am schedule as the weekday schedule.

I believe Friday nights count as normal weekday rates. I would have been fine if it charged instantly on Saturday at 6pm, but not on Friday because the cost is over double per kwh.
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Yeah, your utility views Friday as a weekday (in any case, mine does) but your car thinks that Friday is part of the weekend. :-/

OP
OP

Tron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach-E premium AWD STD - Infinite Blue
Country flag
Well, had the same issue on Sunday...this time it insisted on waiting until 11PM to charge even though weekend was set to "anytime". I've tried various workarounds, deleting my location...manually setting the schedule, entering my utility and trying to use recommended times. In each case, the times appear correct, but the vehicle doesn't abide by the set schedule.
Sponsored