OP
secretvampire

secretvampire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Dark Matter Gray MME GT
Country flag
So those would be my photos! You're correct, I work for the Oval.
Detroit Police had their 'Showdown in Motown' over the weekend and I'd asked for a Mach-E and a Bronco to take down (given those are the vehicles people want to see). I won't lie, I did a fair few jumps for joy when not only did they come back with 'sure', but when I ran the VIN I saw she was a GT to boot. Will see if I have any photos with the GT and our / friends Mach-E's in shot...apologies about the in the dark shots...the phone did it's best but they weren't great.
Ah, thanks man, I couldn't tell when I originally grabbed these that as the OP on the Reddit thread that you were also the one that took the pics. We need more impressions about driving the GT since I saw you said you got to compare it to your wife's premium, this is very unique intel at this point! :D

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag

olobley

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD LR (Space White), F150 XLT
Occupation
Product Line Owner
Country flag
Ah, thanks man, I couldn't tell when I originally grabbed these that as the OP on the Reddit thread that you were also the one that took the pics. We need more impressions about driving the GT since I saw you said you got to compare it to your wife's premium, this is very unique intel at this point! :D
The experience was literally breathtaking. The acceleration actually felt like it pushed the air out of my lungs when given the full beans. Compared to my wife's LR AWD, off the line it's noticeably quicker. At higher speeds too, there's a lot more 'go' when you press the 'loud' pedal.
The ride quality is good, and she feels noticeably more composed around corners - I assume that's from the wider tires.
I was also fortunate to drive a Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor Extended range on the same day; the Mach-E drives a lot nicer and has a far nicer interior (subjective I know; although if I'm honest their 'tech' is better) and felt much faster and more surefooted performance wise. I still can't get over how good those copper accents in the cabin look on the GT. My inner child also *loves* the backlit pony ... I've been trying to think of ways i can convince the wife that it's worth the $630 or so to get one for her Mach-E.
GIven the Tesla comparison, it's also worth pointing out that Bluecruise is going to be a $600 upgrade when it lands vs the $10k Tesla currently want for it.

We happened upon that Polestar (on a manufacturer plate from Arizona) in the DCFC at the Dunkin Donut's off Woodward in Ferndale and couldn't resist parking next to it for a couple shots (sharp looking car).

Finally wrt, the Bronco, I finally get the Jeep advertising slogan pertaining to 'you wouldn't understand'. With the doors and roof off, the experience is as close to a magic carpet as I could imagine :D

jjhenry

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT, '69 Chevy C20, '99 Rodeo, '09 Vespa
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The experience was literally breathtaking. The acceleration actually felt like it pushed the air out of my lungs when given the full beans.
Gee thanks, now I'm even more impatient for delivery of my GT!

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
I still can't get over how good those copper accents in the cabin look on the GT.
I'm glad you got some actual pictures of the copper since no one else has yet, and good to know how much you like it. I was a little worried about how it would look, showing the rendering to my wife from ford's website when you build it she hated it since it looked bright orange. Glad to see it's not like that.

Thanks for the quick review, can't wait to finally see how fast it is, this makes me want it even more. The wait is going to suck.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Actually one thing I really miss from my 92 Mustang was that little bit of nervous anxiety build up before flooring it because you knew it was going to push you back so hard and accelerate away so quick, it was an event doing it each time. Hoping that's how the GT feels. Like it's an actual commitment to fully floor it, finding a safe open lane to do it because it's so quick to pick up speed.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I'm glad to hear the ride is good on the GT. Makes me feel more comfortable with the choice to not get the PE.

EV Behr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer soon Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Truck driver
Country flag
The experience was literally breathtaking. The acceleration actually felt like it pushed the air out of my lungs when given the full beans. Compared to my wife's LR AWD, off the line it's noticeably quicker. At higher speeds too, there's a lot more 'go' when you press the 'loud' pedal.
The ride quality is good, and she feels noticeably more composed around corners - I assume that's from the wider tires.
I was also fortunate to drive a Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor Extended range on the same day; the Mach-E drives a lot nicer and has a far nicer interior (subjective I know; although if I'm honest their 'tech' is better) and felt much faster and more surefooted performance wise. I still can't get over how good those copper accents in the cabin look on the GT. My inner child also *loves* the backlit pony ... I've been trying to think of ways i can convince the wife that it's worth the $630 or so to get one for her Mach-E.
GIven the Tesla comparison, it's also worth pointing out that Bluecruise is going to be a $600 upgrade when it lands vs the $10k Tesla currently want for it.

We happened upon that Polestar (on a manufacturer plate from Arizona) in the DCFC at the Dunkin Donut's off Woodward in Ferndale and couldn't resist parking next to it for a couple shots (sharp looking car).

Finally wrt, the Bronco, I finally get the Jeep advertising slogan pertaining to 'you wouldn't understand'. With the doors and roof off, the experience is as close to a magic carpet as I could imagine :D
Those copper accents sold me on the regular GT, though, I do like the PE wheels and the Magneride
As someone said, compromises.

jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
Those copper accents sold me on the regular GT, though, I do like the PE wheels and the Magneride
As someone said, compromises.
Yeah, I really wish the GTP came with the copper. I think it's more fun than "metal gray stitching' on the PE. But probably nice in its own right once we see it in person

OP
OP
secretvampire

secretvampire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Dark Matter Gray MME GT
Country flag
This is so great, thanks for these impressions, truly going to make the wait even harder!

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I was hoping that as part of the GT or GT PE package the badging on the front doors would be gone. If it has holes in the body work to attach, then that cannot happen. If not though.... would be different to have a debadged car for a cleaner look.

EV Behr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer soon Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Truck driver
Country flag
Gee thanks, now I'm even more impatient for delivery of my GT!
I agree, I can’t wait for ours. As I patiently wait for my dealer to call me, ugh.
Sponsored