Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e GT/2020 BMW 750iM/60 Vette/12 Wrangler
Occupation
Collision Center(s) Owner
Country flag
Ive had my GTPE for almost 2 months. I have not noticed any bugs or issues. Who cares about a 5 second rule? its a nice fast electric car. Rides nice, goes fast, cheap to drive and did not cost much. What is there to complain about? I am on the top of the 2023 Z06 list, that is a promised race car, and I expect performance. this is what it is, and does it pretty well, define your mission, and order the appropriate car for your mission.
I agree... I plan to abuse this car... it's a blast and I've only had it for 24 hours... after all the reviews... I'm disappointed... it far exceeded my expectations...
Sponsored

Bjbjustin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Country flag
Great story folks - back to original question...

As of now, the car appreciates. Removing Tax incentive, tax payments, registration, etc.

Purchased '21 GT in October, drove 10,000 miles. Current offers:
$64,000 Carmax
$65,600 driveway.

End of the day - current offers are $2k & $3k above MSRP. Until supply chain frees up, manufacturing gets back up to speed, and scarcity of MME's is eliminated - supply & demand, these cars are at least - short term - going to retain much, if not more of their original value.

(ordered GT last yr, but also found non-markup GT in TX with slightly different configuration. Jumped on it to snag Tax Incentive before Dec 31st. All said and done we drove a car for 6 months, and made a couple bucks. Minus the time to purchase, drive back, and tax paperwork. Years ago this would have been a 30% loss.)

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Great story folks - back to original question...

As of now, the car appreciates. Removing Tax incentive, tax payments, registration, etc.

Purchased '21 GT in October, drove 10,000 miles. Current offers:
$64,000 Carmax
$65,600 driveway.

End of the day - current offers are $2k & $3k above MSRP. Until supply chain frees up, manufacturing gets back up to speed, and scarcity of MME's is eliminated - supply & demand, these cars are at least - short term - going to retain much, if not more of their original value.

(ordered GT last yr, but also found non-markup GT in TX with slightly different configuration. Jumped on it to snag Tax Incentive before Dec 31st. All said and done we drove a car for 6 months, and made a couple bucks. Minus the time to purchase, drive back, and tax paperwork. Years ago this would have been a 30% loss.)
Yep. My earlier post in this thread wasn’t prescient enough to consider a full scale war being initiated by Russia against Ukraine combined with the resulting skyrocketing of oil/gas prices, among other things. Then, more Covid lockdowns in Shanghai. Then Ford ups the prices $5-8K on MME as well. Trifecta. So, now ‘22s are spoken for and NADA puts our 6K mile 4X that we paid $53k for at $62-63K 😂. This shit ain’t subsiding very soon.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Seriously considering taking delivery of my GT (eventually) and driving it until something else comes available that's interesting. I put in a request for a quote from vroom - will be interesting to see what a 0 mile GT goes for.

Big question is, what would I trade into? EV6? Lucid? Rivian?

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
You can do better than Vroom or Carvana if you go to the auto trader or an online site on your own. You could easily get 4 to 5 grand over your sticker price. Best of luck

Jes sayin. Find the GT first. Your car will sell quick

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Seriously considering taking delivery of my GT (eventually) and driving it until something else comes available that's interesting. I put in a request for a quote from vroom - will be interesting to see what a 0 mile GT goes for.

Big question is, what would I trade into? EV6? Lucid? Rivian?
EVs have long waits or high markups. You aren't getting a Rivian for at least a year and not at the pre-production prices.

Order what you want and just wait... EV6s can be ordered but usually at a few dealers (usually out of state).

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
You aren't getting a Rivian for at least a year and not at the pre-production prices.
At least a year- wouldn't want a first run of it, anyway. At least I know Ford knows how to design and operate an assembly line.

Fisher Ocean looks sweet, but I'd want 2 solid years of production before getting one.

/threadjack

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
What if they fixed the 5 second limit, but with hardware, not OTA on the 2023-2024 GTPE. I can only imagine the depreciation on the Job 1s and alot of unhappy early adopters.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
What if they fixed the 5 second limit, but with hardware, not OTA on the 2023-2024 GTPE. I can only imagine the depreciation on the Job 1s and alot of unhappy early adopters.
Nah, shouldn’t make much of a difference. Every car manufacturer has been making the newest model faster for decades. At some point everyone seems to find a happy spot of “fast enough.”

Bodyshopguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e GT/2020 BMW 750iM/60 Vette/12 Wrangler
Occupation
Collision Center(s) Owner
Country flag
The GT PE is fast enough... The car is beautiful... My girlfriend drives it.. but, it super sleek