Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a6 & audi a4
Occupation
retired
Country flag
After the dealer updated my car, I drove home, parked in my garage, and plugged in the charger, expecting charge to start at midnight, as previously programmed. I did not notice for a few hours that the car started charging when I plugged it in. Seems that the dealer update wiped out the charging schedule and preconditioning schedule I had previously placed in the car. Since I had an agreement with the electric co Eversource of MA for a discount, I was in violation. However, the Eversource Police Department never showed up! I just want to know if it is normal for 22S41 update to erase the charging schedule, or if the dealer did sometning unexpected? In either case, should the dealer have notified me to reschedule, or did he even know it happened? What has been the expreience of others?
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Yes, this has been posted about a lot. The updates wipe out your saved charging locations, you have to redo them all. This update also fixes that, so if/when the module is updated in the future, it shouldn't happen again.

I doubt dealers know about it.