Happy National Mustang Day - April 17th

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The anniversary of my late Father's birthday and sadly the day when our beloved Prince Philip had his funeral- today.
I remember looking at a Mustang in a Ford dealers showroom 50 years ago (in Guildford in the UK) and was blown away by it. Never owned one- yet...

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
It’s also my birthday so it’s only natural I get a Mach E

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
I just got back from the event here in Detroit. I met several forum member. Ron Heiser was there with Cyber Orange GT (pre-production). I also met Emma Berg and even Jim Farley. ?

John @JWW and Joe @jdmrc93 were also there ... it was great to get to meet folks in person.

Here's a few photos ... including the Cyber Orange GT (pre-prod) that Ron was driving. And of course... the Mustang Mach-E 1400 special Ford Performance Racing car. I didn't get to drive that car ... damn COVID-19. I'm sure they'd have let us drive it if not for that, right? ?

The Detroit event started at Detroit's old Michigan Central Train Station (Ford bought the building and is restoring it to it's former glory) ... we drove out to Ann Arbor for a quick pit stop, then back to Dearborn with the event ending at Ford's Garage (restaurant).

TONS of Mustangs from across the decades filled the lots with a lot of media attendance as well.

Everyone was really good about COVID safety protocols.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Happy National Mustang Day - April 17th 82AEC3F4-E0E8-4883-BD8D-B06D8648255D
Ford Mustang Mach-E Happy National Mustang Day - April 17th A6B829E1-DDA8-4A93-B6F6-CB3161FA58DC
Ford Mustang Mach-E Happy National Mustang Day - April 17th FA965A26-E26F-4326-A54F-1F7C4A1A307D
Ford Mustang Mach-E Happy National Mustang Day - April 17th ABB42B69-8ED0-4553-9887-4855C23CE7F7
Ford Mustang Mach-E Happy National Mustang Day - April 17th A1B6948B-5E55-44AF-ABE2-37EF67C6A601

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I just got back from the event here in Detroit. I met several forum member. Ron Heiser was there with Cyber Orange GT (pre-production). I also met Emma Berg and even Jim Farley. ?

John @JWW and Joe @jdmrc93 were also there ... it was great to get to meet folks in person.

Here's a few photos ... including the Cyber Orange GT (pre-prod) that Ron was driving. And of course... the Mustang Mach-E 1400 special Ford Performance Racing car. I didn't get to drive that car ... damn COVID-19. I'm sure they'd have let us drive it if not for that, right? ?

The Detroit event started at Detroit's old Michigan Central Train Station (Ford bought the building and is restoring it to it's former glory) ... we drove out to Ann Arbor for a quick pit stop, then back to Dearborn with the event ending at Ford's Garage (restaurant).

TONS of Mustangs from across the decades filled the lots with a lot of media attendance as well.

Everyone was really good about COVID safety protocols.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Happy National Mustang Day - April 17th A1B6948B-5E55-44AF-ABE2-37EF67C6A601
Yeah, but those aren't REAL Mustangs! :D :D :D :D:D

JWW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
83 Mustang GLX, 21 Mach-e FE, 22 Lighting Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
It was good to meet in person @TheVirtualTim and @jdmrc93 - we had a beautiful day for a rally.

I was fortunate to have arrived early and when I pulled in the lot someone at Ford had some cones moved and I was directed to park with the Ford company cars along with a white Mach-e that came in after me.

Darren Palmer and I spoke for a while, he asking how I like the car; and me asking about over-the-air updates. Darren admitted that Ford was moving slow with OTA, but Ford didn't want a software update to keep a car from functioning (too much too soon). Ford is ramping up and more updates will be done OTA, including the one I just had the dealer do for the Paak improvements (we will see how Paak works now). Unofficially, we can expect longer range and more reliable charging (like fixing the problem @SnBGC, I and others experienced).

I spoke with various engineers and execs from Ford. To some I pointed out the one thing I did not like (charging door caused ding). One exec was shocked at the ding in my fender, took pictures and even mentioned how it could be re-engineered so it is less likely to occur (good for next gen cars). Funny thing is Darren Palmers Grabber Blue Mach-e had the same ding.

The modification I made was a big hit with both the Ford and spectators.

At the first stop I counted 6 MMEs, (including Darren's dinged car and the GT prototype brought by Ron Heiser). Through the day I counted another 4 to 8 (based on color) so let's call it a dozen at the rally. The bar has been set pretty low (right @JoeDimwit) challenge on...

Tim posted similar photo's to the ones I took, but below is one with the Detroit Central Train Station in the background.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Happy National Mustang Day - April 17th Train_Station_MME

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
What a great opportunity, @JWW, @jdmrc93, and @TheVirtualTim. Almost makes it worth dealing with the ice and freezing winds each year. (Just kidding on that last part; everyone loves having their ears frozen off.)

@JWW, I'm excited to hear that bit of reassurance that some of the current service center patches are going to be eventually offered via OTA updates, too.

I hope you were able to extend some thanks on behalf of the forum members to the Ford employees for a job well done on the Mustang Mach-E, and for treating us like family along the way. It's the only vehicle I've ever had so much interest in, and I look forward to driving it.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I had a great time. I’m also glad I found out about the charging door fender ding potential. I’m going to try to hillbilly up a fix for my car. Something about these grabber blue cars and dents seems to be a thing...

I do wish I had those GT seats, may have to do something about that once the GT’s start hitting dealerships. ?‍♂?
Sponsored