RidingwithScotty

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR aka Scotty
Country flag
I just took delivery of my Infinite Blue MME a couple of days ago and loving it! Not so thrilled with the confusing messages I got while charging last night....
I have it set in FordPass to charge to 80% SOC; plugged it in to a 240 outlet just after 10pm with 56% SOC. At 12:44 AM, the message center on FordPass shows that I've reached 80%; at 7:10 AM the message center says that my battery will only reach 79% by my departure time of 7:30. What would cause it to seemingly start a charge cycle again? My charge log is even more confusing. It says I started charging at 10:07 and makes no mention of reaching full charge until 7:31 this morning when I unplugged it...

Hoping this is a minor thing but was curious if anyone else had seen this behavior with their MME?

Thank you!
Sponsored

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
The FordPass battery charging logs typically shows 4 times per charge session: when you plug in, when it starts charging, when it finishes charging, and when you unplug. Here's my example where I plugged in yesterday at 1:29 pm at 72%. It reached the target charge level of 80% by 2:32 pm, but says unplugged at 8:43 am this morning. So it was actually only charging for 1 hour and 3 minutes, but it will show that it was connected much longer than that. Also, a charge session doesn't show in the log until after you unplug.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Has anyone else run into this issue?? Screenshot_20210616-093846_FordPass

Regarding the message about not reaching a target charge level by a set time is based on if you set departure times or not and is a known bug at the moment. I'll get it on my center display when I park my car and turn it off even though there's clearly enough time to reach the target charge level.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I just took delivery of my Infinite Blue MME a couple of days ago and loving it! Not so thrilled with the confusing messages I got while charging last night....
I have it set in FordPass to charge to 80% SOC; plugged it in to a 240 outlet just after 10pm with 56% SOC. At 12:44 AM, the message center on FordPass shows that I've reached 80%; at 7:10 AM the message center says that my battery will only reach 79% by my departure time of 7:30. What would cause it to seemingly start a charge cycle again? My charge log is even more confusing. It says I started charging at 10:07 and makes no mention of reaching full charge until 7:31 this morning when I unplugged it...

Hoping this is a minor thing but was curious if anyone else had seen this behavior with their MME?

Thank you!
See if it happens again. I had a strange charging Sunday night and others have, too in the last few days. It might have to do with the new FordPass roll out.

OP
OP

RidingwithScotty

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you both for your swift responses!

@ChasingCoral that does make sense with the FordPass update as I had just updated it earlier that day.

Just don’t understand how I my message center says I reached full charge at a different time than my charging log. I’ve attached the screenshots if anyone cares to try and make heads or tails of why FordPass is illogical.

7DDEF228-4126-46BB-AE7B-00C00A89F094.png

9DDA7195-50F8-44AC-A89F-D50C12EFDB63.png

smp

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have only seen the Completed Charging message in my Ford Pass.
I've never seen that charging log message - do you have to go digging for it?

smp

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
FordPass is a hot mess. Unfortunately, it’s the only tool we have, and I’m losing faith that Ford will ever fix it to work correctly for EV’s. They really need to make a FordPass EV app that is new and built for EV’s from the ground up. Where they could get rid of fueling stations, and give us more EV centric search capability and route planning in the map. They could also give us better data access to charging. The information they give us is so stripped of useabiliy that it’s pointless.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
If it makes you guys feel any better, FordPass doesn’t even tell me when I’m plugged in, or give me charging updates (besides SOC on the Vehicle tab), or allow me to push charging changes to my car. I’ve opened a ticket with Ford about two weeks ago, I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app, no luck.

FordPass Support tells me they’ve “escalated the issue” but “this sounds like a problem with the car so you ought to make an appointment with your service center.”

My service center tells me “we don’t see any software updates regarding your issue so you’d probably be wasting your time bringing the vehicle in.”

So……. the FordPass team thinks it’s an issue with the car, and the service center can’t do anything besides look for updates which probably wouldn’t do anything anyway because this issue is probably a problem with my car. What’s left? Take a road trip to Dearborn? It seems like the only way to maybe get this fixed is for a Ford engineer to run some on-site or remote diagnostics on the car.

OP
OP

RidingwithScotty

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@smp The message center is accessed via the Account tab in Ford Pass; charging log is a little more involved. You have to click on the Vehicle tab, tap Manage EV, and you'll see a menu that says Battery Charge Logs.

@Mirak that's even after updating to 3.24? How awful!

Reactions: smp