Anyone else has AC charging issue like this?

Phil123

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering Select RWD
Country flag
The AC charging failed and the dealership was not much help.

This makes me rethink my travel plan.
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
This really made me laugh, he calls up roadside assistance expecting them to know what's wrong instantly, then send out a mobile EV mechanic to fix it on a holiday weekend parts and all. Sorry it doesn't work that way for any brand car, EV or ICE. If you break down on a holiday weekend, you're going to have to leave your car at a dealer until they can get to it on the next business day. And you're going to have to wait a few days for parts to fix it.

In the meantime, he's convinced himself the problem is just a blown fuse, so he rips out the frunk tub with Walmart tools and has to pull every single fuse in the vehicle thinking he can fix it himself. 😆 Turns out it was a bit more complicated than that, what a surprise! He nuked his charge port using a faulty charger at a Chevy dealer, go figure. Also, since when is driving to and using a L2 charger faster than waiting in line at a DCFC? He should have just waited his turn at the DCFC but he was probably too impatient.

Honestly I think the experience went as well as it could have. The dealer looked at it first thing the next day they were open, ordered the part, and probably replaced it a couple days later. That's nothing to complain about, but this kid had really unrealistic expectations and has probably never dealt with a breakdown before in his life. He has a lot to learn about how the world works. Some things don't happen on holiday weekends.

Ford roadside and dealer service could be better in a lot of ways, but this example seems like an insufferable/inconvenienced dude whining about nothing to me.

If you want to avoid trouble, avoid plugging in at shady charging stations.

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium Extended Range AWD
Country flag
Had to grub for it, I am sure there are more if you find the right search criteria: charging failure | MachEforum - Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum, News, Owners, Discussions

That said, the video is hard to listen to. Custodian of Earth in in max vent mode. Lots of valid points, but man, two, no three videos of full-on emoting.

Bottom line - Support for EV maintenance is wanting and, in some places, as the YouTube poster learned (Jamestown, North Dakota), the Mach-E is almost an exotic. Which is sad as the reason some of us bought the MME is that it was supported by an established automaker. Ford as an entity, inclusive of its dealer network on whom it relies on to support its product is struggling with the technology transition.

I think the caution here is if you are driving into a L3 charger desert (Nothing between Fargo and Bismark - 196 miles), you should not assume that the local Ford dealer has the bandwidth or ability to quickly pivot to resolve your problem. Or that if you breakdown in any vehicle at the beginning of a holiday weekend that the universe is going to suddenly reorder itself to satisfy your desires.

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Honestly I think the experience went as well as it could have. The dealer looked at it first thing the next day they were open, ordered the part, and probably replaced it a couple days later.
After listening to the posted videos and looking for the "rest of the story" I never did come up with a final resolution. He seems to have abandoned/sold the vehicle.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
"I can fast charge, I just can't AC charge."
When I got to that line at 1 minute I stopped listening. Not stranded.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
This really made me laugh, he calls up roadside assistance expecting them to know what's wrong instantly, then send out a mobile EV mechanic to fix it on a holiday weekend parts and all. Sorry it doesn't work that way for any brand car, EV or ICE. If you break down on a holiday weekend, you're going to have to leave your car at a dealer until they can get to it on the next business day. And you're going to have to wait a few days for parts to fix it.

In the meantime, he's convinced himself the problem is just a blown fuse, so he rips out the frunk tub with Walmart tools and has to pull every single fuse in the vehicle thinking he can fix it himself. 😆 Turns out it was a bit more complicated than that, what a surprise! He nuked his charge port using a faulty charger at a Chevy dealer, go figure. Also, since when is driving to and using a L2 charger faster than waiting in line at a DCFC? He should have just waited his turn at the DCFC but he was probably too impatient.

Honestly I think the experience went as well as it could have. The dealer looked at it first thing the next day they were open, ordered the part, and probably replaced it a couple days later. That's nothing to complain about, but this kid had really unrealistic expectations and has probably never dealt with a breakdown before in his life. He has a lot to learn about how the world works. Some things don't happen on holiday weekends.

Ford roadside and dealer service could be better in a lot of ways, but this example seems like an insufferable/inconvenienced dude whining about nothing to me.

If you want to avoid trouble, avoid plugging in at shady charging stations.
Thanks for the rundown, I can't watch these videos cause I cringe too hard and this one seems like ultra-cringe.

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
"I can fast charge, I just can't AC charge."
When I got to that line at 1 minute I stopped listening. Not stranded.
Very stranded when you don't have the range to make the nearest DCFC (~100 miles in either direction). ;) PPPPPP.