Celtic4

First Name
Seamus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD SR, Kia Optima
Country flag
Hello everyone newbie to the forum from Downers Grove IL via Dublin Ireland originally. Currently the owner of 2 Kia Optima's but am looking to buy my first EV and have settled on the Mustang Mach E. Have been thinking that the next new car I bought would be my first EV and with the petrol prices the way they are if there was any doubt about that in my mind that is gone now.
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on choosing the Mach-E! Ordering should open up soon for 2023 models, so do some homework on your local dealers and get ready to order. 😊🐩

OP
OP
Celtic4

Celtic4

First Name
Seamus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on choosing the Mach-E! Ordering should open up soon for 2023 models, so do some homework on your local dealers and get ready to order. 😊🐩
Thank you excited to join and learn and share on here. Right now I am planning on using the local packeywebb Ford dealership in Downers Grove so we will see how that goes. Not sure how the ordering process works though whether it goes through Ford directly or do I go into the actual dealership and order the MME there?

x19

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2023 Premium AWD ER pending dealer order
Occupation
IT Engineer
Country flag
I'm just down the street in Naperville and am working with Fair Oaks Ford. I don't believe you need to go into the dealer at all, just have to know what dealer you want to handle your online order. However, I've been working with this dealer in preparation of a 2023 and they will be able to process my order in their system as soon as the order banks open. I'm not sure if that will make any real difference or not, but figured it couldn't hurt.

They're also going to give me a print-out of SmartVincent financing rates on the day of order so that I can ensure I get the full purchase protection when the car arrives.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Welcome to the world of EVs... fair warning... once you drive these for a while there is going back to ICE, EVs just drive better.

cyberman

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E AWD SR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Welcome to the MachEforum. There is tons of advice and information on this forum but do ask anything and folks will either point you to an existing thread or just answer your question.

OP
OP
Celtic4

Celtic4

First Name
Seamus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Welcome to the world of EVs... fair warning... once you drive these for a while there is going back to ICE, EVs just drive better.
Thank you and I think you will prove to be very right. I am excited for sure about getting the MME as my first venture into the world of EV's.

OP
OP
Celtic4

Celtic4

First Name
Seamus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm just down the street in Naperville and am working with Fair Oaks Ford. I don't believe you need to go into the dealer at all, just have to know what dealer you want to handle your online order. However, I've been working with this dealer in preparation of a 2023 and they will be able to process my order in their system as soon as the order banks open. I'm not sure if that will make any real difference or not, but figured it couldn't hurt.

They're also going to give me a print-out of SmartVincent financing rates on the day of order so that I can ensure I get the full purchase protection when the car arrives.
I have a neighbour who ordered his Ford from packeywebb and he was happy with that experience. Plus I prefer to stay closer if possible to Downers Grove given I live here so hopefully packeywebb proves to be a good choice for me dealership wise.
For me I am just going to pay for mine outright so not going to deal with any financing.
Sponsored

Reactions: x19