Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Hi All,
I am eagerly waiting on the delivery of my Mach-E! I purchased a black Premium Extended Range AWD coming off dealer demo about a 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately it was produced during the recall period for the glass which means I have to wait for them to satisfy the windshield and roof adhesive recalls before they can hand it over. Hopefully it’s a quick process and find out more tomorrow!
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That's a bit of a bummer, but it will be a lot faster than waiting for an order to get built :)

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Hi All,
I am eagerly waiting on the delivery of my Mach-E! I purchased a black Premium Extended Range AWD coming off dealer demo about a 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately it was produced during the recall period for the glass which means I have to wait for them to satisfy the windshield and roof adhesive recalls before they can hand it over. Hopefully it’s a quick process and find out more tomorrow!
Hello there fellow Roanoke Valley friend!

I'm sure you'll love your Mach-E once you take delivery. I'm curious why you have to wait for them to satisfy the recalls, I guess it's a requirement before they can hand over a new car....

Personally not sure if I'll have them do much other than a visual inspection.

My Mach-E was actually dropped off at Magic City last night for service today. Pretty sure it's got a bad front axle.... Also having them do some updates while it's there. I brought up the recalls, but since the official "start" isn't until today (Nov 15th) they didn't have any info, and the service advisor echo'd my concerns about re-seating the windshield.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I was born and raised in Roanoke, and my parents still live there. I just got my MME and am looking forward to the next trip to Roanoke. I am planning to add a NEMA 14-50 plug in my mom's garage because the charging options in Roanoke are not very good yet. I will do a 80% top off at the Brughs Mill EA chargers but I have never been there and it looks like there are only three stations. Hopefully it won't be full when I stop.

OP
OP
tannerk89

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Hello there fellow Roanoke Valley friend!

I'm sure you'll love your Mach-E once you take delivery. I'm curious why you have to wait for them to satisfy the recalls, I guess it's a requirement before they can hand over a new car....

Personally not sure if I'll have them do much other than a visual inspection.

My Mach-E was actually dropped off at Magic City last night for service today. Pretty sure it's got a bad front axle.... Also having them do some updates while it's there. I brought up the recalls, but since the official "start" isn't until today (Nov 15th) they didn't have any info, and the service advisor echo'd my concerns about re-seating the windshield.
Yeah, I was surprised they had to perform the recall service before delivering as well. Apparently if you bought one after the recall was announced that had a build date within the recall range the dealer could be fined $21k if the deliver prior to fixing it because it’s safety related. I missed being able to drive it home by about 3 days unfortunately. I’m concerned about the fix, but not much I can do at this point. Very likely it will just be safelite and they do a pretty good job most of the time.
Sponsored