Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select
Occupation
Retired baby!
Country flag
Hi mates,

New member here. I've been searching for a Mach-E for several weeks now and, of course, the demand is so high it's virtually impossible to find one. (Except for the one local dealer who has a couple on the lot but has added $5,000 of pure greed to the sticker price.) I've contacted every Ford dealer within 100 miles to see what they might have in the pipeline and I finally found what I was looking for last Friday. I'm retired and don't drive as much as I used to (my 2017 Jeep Cherokee Overland only has 27K miles on it) so I don't need anything fancy. I signed for a Rapid Red Mach-E Select with the 19" wheels. It is scheduled to be built the week of April 11, so I should be taking delivery around the end of June. (The Jeep is going to my daughter.)

I bought the car from Van Bortel Ford in East Rochester who did not add any market adjustment. The salesman told me they didn't think that was ethical. They have 8-10 free charging stations in front of their building. I've not purchased a car from them before, but everyone I met seemed really nice.

My house is all-electric (no natural gas) and I have 40 solar panels on the roof. The amount I generate in a typical year has been more than I consume (the local utility gives me a credit once a year for the difference) so that looks good for charging at home. Before I get a charging station, though, I need to have a 220v line installed in the garage.

I've had several test drives with dealer demo cars and I really like it. Looking forward to getting the car!

Cheers,
Bill
Sponsored

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi mates,

New member here. I've been searching for a Mach-E for several weeks now and, of course, the demand is so high it's virtually impossible to find one. (Except for the one local dealer who has a couple on the lot but has added $5,000 of pure greed to the sticker price.) I've contacted every Ford dealer within 100 miles to see what they might have in the pipeline and I finally found what I was looking for last Friday. I'm retired and don't drive as much as I used to (my 2017 Jeep Cherokee Overland only has 27K miles on it) so I don't need anything fancy. I signed for a Rapid Red Mach-E Select with the 19" wheels. It is scheduled to be built the week of April 11, so I should be taking delivery around the end of June. (The Jeep is going to my daughter.)

I bought the car from Van Bortel Ford in East Rochester who did not add any market adjustment. The salesman told me they didn't think that was ethical. They have 8-10 free charging stations in front of their building. I've not purchased a car from them before, but everyone I met seemed really nice.

My house is all-electric (no natural gas) and I have 40 solar panels on the roof. The amount I generate in a typical year has been more than I consume (the local utility gives me a credit once a year for the difference) so that looks good for charging at home. Before I get a charging station, though, I need to have a 220v line installed in the garage.

I've had several test drives with dealer demo cars and I really like it. Looking forward to getting the car!

Cheers,
Bill
Welcome Navy Bird, I was born in Rochester in 1946 and left after enlisting in the military, so we have several things in common including waiting for a Rapid Red MME. Mine is scheduled to be built tomorrow then delivery possibly by late April. I was a bit shocked but also encouraged by your salesperson's ethics about dealer added markup.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Welcome to the club.
Just sold my black Premium AWD XR to CarMax in Henrietta. (I upgraded to a GT) We’re getting quite a few owners in the parts of NY that aren’t NYC.

OP
OP

Navy Bird

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select
Occupation
Retired baby!
Country flag
I was a bit shocked but also encouraged by your salesperson's ethics about dealer added markup.
Me too. Perhaps it was just the salesman talking, but it is the dealership's policy to not add the markup. Nice!

We’re getting quite a few owners in the parts of NY that aren’t NYC.
To be honest, I have yet to see an MME on the road here in Rochester. But since I've retired, I'm not on the highway every day. They must be out there, because the dealers can't keep them in stock. I was looking at one in Avon NY but they sold it to a couple from Florida. Probably snowbirds.

Cheers,
Bill

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Me too. Perhaps it was just the salesman talking, but it is the dealership's policy to not add the markup. Nice!

To be honest, I have yet to see an MME on the road here in Rochester. But since I've retired, I'm not on the highway every day. They must be out there, because the dealers can't keep them in stock. I was looking at one in Avon NY but they sold it to a couple from Florida. Probably snowbirds.

Cheers,
Bill
Bought my original Premium in Canadaigua. Picked up my GT last week in Johnstown of all places.

WWJPD

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
You guys need to have a Mach E meet up at Wegmans!
Wegmans would be a great location for DC fast chargers!

Welcome to the club. You are going to love your car.
If you see a rapid red Mach-E with CT plates, it's probably me visiting my son at RIT.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
In Clay, NY (just north of Syracuse), there is a weekly Cars 'n' Coffee at the Wegmans on Rt. 31 every Saturday from late April until late September from 7am to 10am. Wegmans puts out a table for us with coffee, donuts and muffins. Stop on by!!

This photos was taken there last summer when @Murse-In-Airy and his family brought their Mach-E's down.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Hello from Rochester NY i-XTPsJRz-XL
Sponsored