Huge screen with zero Entertainment options !

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Wouldn’t they have to retrofit a projector into the cabin someplace? And where would they put a screen? Are you thinking something drop down from under the visors?
To clarify, my statement “I see projection happening” referred to the statement by the poster that said “Try not to be an ass.”

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Huge screen with zero Entertainment options ! 20210925_164316

Works great for me. Going to the beach on Saturday... 10 hour drive. Not that I would have football on, but it sure would make the driver better.

Everything works, YouTubeTV, Netflix, HBO Max, everything. Carplay AI box.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
To clarify, my statement “I see projection happening” referred to the statement by the poster that said “Try not to be an ass.”
Ok, I admit I was trying for some subtle humor that landed flat because I still fail to understand why people are so eager to watch video on a relatively low-quality, low resolution, small display, when there are so many better options, but to each their own. People keep saying stuff like “Ford needs to support projection”, “Apple won’t allow it”, and so on. I know nothing of the Android universe, but if Ford (or some 3rd party) implemented an app that supported AirPlay (like many modern TVs have), the problem would be solved. There’s already. WebEx app for Sync, although I don’t know how sophisticated it is or even if it displays video. If it does, then that would demonstrate that access to the screen is possible. Other 3rd party apps have access to the screen. Someone would just have to figure out if/how to get a live video stream to a window on the screen, then implement the airplay protocol.
Go for it all you swift devs out there ?

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Huge screen with zero Entertainment options ! 20210925_164316

Works great for me. Going to the beach on Saturday... 10 hour drive. Not that I would have football on, but it sure would make the driver better.

Everything works, YouTubeTV, Netflix, HBO Max, everything. Carplay AI box.
I will second this, this device works great. Also will support a USB flash drive for extra storage so you can download content to play later.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Huge screen with zero Entertainment options ! IMG_20211024_121229
Ford Mustang Mach-E Huge screen with zero Entertainment options ! PXL_20211023_124003322

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
Ok, I admit I was trying for some subtle humor that landed flat because I still fail to understand why people are so eager to watch video on a relatively low-quality, low resolution, small display, when there are so many better options, but to each their own. People keep saying stuff like “Ford needs to support projection”, “Apple won’t allow it”, and so on. I know nothing of the Android universe, but if Ford (or some 3rd party) implemented an app that supported AirPlay (like many modern TVs have), the problem would be solved. There’s already. WebEx app for Sync, although I don’t know how sophisticated it is or even if it displays video. If it does, then that would demonstrate that access to the screen is possible. Other 3rd party apps have access to the screen. Someone would just have to figure out if/how to get a live video stream to a window on the screen, then implement the airplay protocol.
Go for it all you swift devs out there ?
I got an old android from my brother in law. I put aam on it. No root required. Combine that with Xbox game pass plus a Xbox one controller. You get mobile gamin. Plus I have all the streaming apps on the phone.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Huge screen with zero Entertainment options ! EC69E81D-6E16-4FF3-AE9E-1DB9722289F5

Attachments

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I got an old android from my brother in law. I put aam on it. No root required. Combine that with Xbox game pass plus a Xbox one controller. You get mobile gamin. Plus I have all the streaming apps on the phone.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Huge screen with zero Entertainment options ! EC69E81D-6E16-4FF3-AE9E-1DB9722289F5
Well, that solves the problem for all the Netflix people.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Well, that solves the problem for all the Netflix people.
Both are good options, the rooted phone way just requires more technical setup which isn't as accessible for as many people. But it is more flexible and higher performance potentially if you can figure out the setup.

JamesStew71

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach e
Occupation
auto tech
Country flag
Anyone else getting super bored while charging ?? We have this huge screen in the car but hardly any entertainment option on it other than music!
I also have a Tesla with Netflix, Plex, games, Youtube, etc.
why put a huge screen in the car and use it as a radio ??
Did anyone try Car PlayAI box in theMach E? I would buy it if someone confirms that it works .
https://m.pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005001490150523.html?spm=a2g0n.productlist.0.0.2aee65942IPTWW&browser_id=260518d6db424cf3acf5e83f3a053e61&aff_trace_key=&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=0011761b670f35100717ce71878704bb11fda54831&gclid=&_imgsrc_=ae01.alicdn.com/kf/Hcb2ca91e5aa84937bf1b8eb274cfe0e0f.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.webp
You said it, Its a car not a recliner
Sponsored