Instrument Panel Dimming Adjustment Not Working?

jasn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD Premium ER - Space White
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have tried many different ways to get the two-button +/- switches alongside the headlight controls to lower the intensity of my instrument panel behind the steering wheel. Nothing. It's too bright at night (switching between Light and Dark mode does not help). Anyone else have this problem or am I missing something? Thx
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I had this problem very briefly after the Blue Cruise updates, and it went away after sync reboot and some key cycles.

OP
OP

jasn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thx @Logal727. I've tried rebooting Sync already but will keep trying before I get a dealer involved.

OP
OP

jasn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
OK... Realized this issue is also related to the lighting console issue that has gotten a lot of attention here. (Headlights staying on too long is the biggest issue)

I rotated the headlight control knob and realized the entire control set back-lighting wasn't lit either. Once I did that the panel lit up and the instrument panel brightness adjustment worked.

I've read that with this known issue I'll have to rotate the knob manually to reset the panel until a fix is released later this month.

Psifire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MMe Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I rotated the headlight control knob and realized the entire control set back-lighting wasn't lit either. Once I did that the panel lit up and the instrument panel brightness adjustment worked.

I've read that with this known issue I'll have to rotate the knob manually to reset the panel until a fix is released later this month.
THANK YOU!

I ran into this issue tonight on the way home. I had noticed the back-lighting on the headlight control panel wasn't lit but didn't think to try rotating the knob.

Did that, the back-light came on, and the brightness control worked!
Sponsored