Instrument Panel Air Vents issue? (FIXED)

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
UPDATE: Check by the vents for the small dial with the arrow. They are in the closed position during shipping. The dealerships have been missing opening these upon delivery.

Hello everyone!! Has anyone who currently has a Mach E noticing that the instrument panel air vents hardly blow out any air?

I have tried all of the different settings with E-heat, auto, selecting which way they blow on the screen, whatever setting you have on, including max, it hardly blows out any air. If I have it set to only blow out the middle instrument panel vents, I can feel it blowing really hard out of the back seat vents so I know that section is working.

I apologize if this is already a thread but I swear I tried to check as I also do not like being redundant.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Hello everyone!! Has anyone who currently has a Mach E noticing that the instrument panel air vents hardly blow out any air?

I have tried all of the different settings with E-heat, auto, selecting which way they blow on the screen, whatever setting you have on, including max, it hardly blows out any air. If I have it set to only blow out the middle instrument panel vents, I can feel it blowing really hard out of the back seat vents so I know that section is working.

I apologize if this is already a thread but I swear I tried to check as I also do not like being redundant.

Thanks!
I'm going to assume you've opened all the front vents using the wheel beside each of them? They all have manual levers to control airflow out of each vent.

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
I'm going to assume you've opened all the front vents using the wheel beside each of them? They all have manual levers to control airflow out of each vent.
Note that the thumbwheel shutoffs for the center registers are somewhat obscured by the touchscreen. So, it's understandable, if you missed them.

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
I did find it odd that the delivery position for all registers in my car was closed.
If I had to guess, trying to keep dust etc from being vented back into interior during transport?

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
If I had to guess, trying to keep dust etc from being vented back into interior during transport?
Oh yeah probably, just given how hard the on/off wheels are to see from the driver's seat, combined with how long it took to figure out that the snowflake/heat button is where the mode control is hidden, it can be confusing at first.

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Oh yeah probably, just given how hard the on/off wheels are to see from the driver's seat, combined with how long it took to figure out that the snowflake/heat button is where the mode control is hidden, it can be confusing at first.
I agree it's not immediately obvious where to find the mode controls ....... certainly the screen controls are set up differently than other Ford vehicles

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
I’m on Day 7. I don’t have any issues from a comfort standpoint but, based on this thread, I just checked the middle vents. They were closed. Lol - I might never have noticed...

OP
OP
tomterky

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m on Day 7. I don’t have any issues from a comfort standpoint but, based on this thread, I just checked the middle vents. They were closed. Lol - I might never have noticed...
I am guessing there are quite a few of us that had no idea these were closed. The little arrow is so hidden in the closed position I never even gave it a second thought until it was mentioned here. I was like, really, something else is actually manual on this car?! :confused:

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Instrument Panel Air Vents issue? (FIXED) 1614277811300

By the way, for those wondering where to find the shutoff wheel for the center registers, the driver-side center shutoff wheel is shown in this photo (stolen from the German owners thread), just to the left of the touchscreen. The passenger-side center register has a shutoff wheel just to the right of the touchscreen.

OP
OP
tomterky

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When I got the dealers demo and was talking to the service manager about it, he had no clue they were still closed and thought something was wrong with it until I showed him how to open them. They hide so well. So easy to miss but once you see them you can't unsee them.

Mawby

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Me too. I was like 2 mos wondering how floor air will change to front vents. Noticed the dials and voila, breezy.
Sponsored