BlueDvlTxn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Explorer Sport, 2017 Fusion Energi
Country flag
For those of you lucky enough to have received your car - might someone take a couple of measurements for me? I haven't found these listed anywhere.....and they are very specific requirements for my 6 year old daughter. Not having seen the car myself yet, I haven't been able to do so. (My build week is this week - so fingers crossed it moves forward!) Some day, dealers in my area will start getting some....no word from my dealer, or course.

What's the vertical distance from the second row floor to the glass roof?
What's the vertical distance from the center seat headrest (all the way down) to the roofline just above?

Just the morning, my daughter was lamenting trading in our Explorer for the Mach E. When asked why, two reasons came up - she can stand up without hitting her head; she also enjoys crawling back in the cargo area when we get home from school to have a picnic (aka finish her snack). Since this will be replacing our family car, I really want it to work for our family of 4. (The two year old doesn't get a say yet!)

Cheers!
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Floor to glass roof: 4ft
Top of headrest to roof: a paltry 7". Removing the headrest will get you to 9.5".

OP
OP

BlueDvlTxn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Floor to glass roof: 4ft
Top of headrest to roof: a paltry 7". Removing the headrest will get you to 9.5".
Awesome thanks! That's only 2" less than the headliner area, but 6" less than the pano roof on my explorer. Given there's no transmission tunnel to contend with (and she's not quite 4ft yet), it should work nicely! (And the Mach E is a good 4" better than my wife's Fusion, with sunroof).

Now to figure out if she can squirrel herself in the back through that tiny of a space. :)

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
My 5 year old folds the right hand seat like a champion. Easy access to the cargo area.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Awesome thanks! That's only 2" less than the headliner area, but 6" less than the pano roof on my explorer. Given there's no transmission tunnel to contend with (and she's not quite 4ft yet), it should work nicely! (And the Mach E is a good 4" better than my wife's Fusion, with sunroof).

Now to figure out if she can squirrel herself in the back through that tiny of a space. :)
She might be able to tilt the short seat forward and get back that way.

OP
OP

BlueDvlTxn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My 5 year old folds the right hand seat like a champion. Easy access to the cargo area.
She might be able to tilt the short seat forward and get back that way.
Thanks again! Both good options - I’ll probably have the 2 year olds seat on the other side. But she could certainly move her booster and fold her own side down. I like it.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Thanks again! Both good options - I’ll probably have the 2 year olds seat on the other side. But she could certainly move her booster and fold her own side down. I like it.
You might also pull the center headrest. I'll bet she can wriggle through.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
The entire rear footwell is totally level, so she can also roll around there as well.
Sponsored