Is it possible to have a power-up and it not be shown as installed?

MikeM67

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE AWD XR (Man 8/25/2022 Del 10/25/2022)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I took my 2022 ME Extended range in for a seatbelt indicator that turned out to be a bad buckle on the passenger side. The service advisor relayed that the mechanic had performed computer updates as well while replacing the piece. When I got back in the car I checked the latest update and it was still showing 3.5.4 which is where it was when I dropped it off, however, I noticed that the GOM was now much higher (dropped it with 212 on GOM and now 250). I thought maybe they reset the GOM when the buckle was installed and it would quickly go back to the lower estimate as I drove. 2 weeks later I'm still seeing the higher number in the GOM (not getting that in actuality) and its been in the 20's and 30's most days and we are doing a lot of interstate driving. Is it possible the 3.6.1 was pushed and the power-up showing is incorrect?
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Is it possible the 3.6.1 was pushed and the power-up showing is incorrect?
Not only is it possible, but that's exactly how it works. 3.6.1 is a reference number for an OTA update. If the modules were updated with FDRS, you won't see any reference to an OTA because that's not how it was delivered. If you want to see which modules were updated, you can post your VIN in this thread and somebody can look it up in FDRS for you.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...are-willing-to-look-up-info-for-others.10230/

OP
OP

MikeM67

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE AWD XR (Man 8/25/2022 Del 10/25/2022)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Not only is it possible, but that's exactly how it works. 3.6.1 is a reference number for an OTA update. If the modules were updated with FDRS, you won't see any reference to an OTA because that's not how it was delivered. If you want to see which modules were updated, you can post your VIN in this thread and somebody can look it up in FDRS for you.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...are-willing-to-look-up-info-for-others.10230/
Thanks for the sanity check! posted it to the other thread with my vin.
Sponsored